Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buthinah Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2013, 01:33 PM
    My cat is acting so strange I am scared
    Hi
    So my cat lately have been acting so strange when I raise my voice or yelling at something she would jump on me and meowing so loudly and biting me. Me so I get really scared . I never hurt her in any way and she is almost 2 years old . But the problem is it is not the first time I yell or raise my voice and it is not too loud
    All my family loves her , me and my mom and older sister
    But I am not sure about how our maid is treating her
    Oh BTW today I was on the phone and she did the same behavior and I did not even talked
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2013, 01:35 PM
    How about asking the maid if she's mistreating the cat? If you think the cat is being mistreated it is unkind to do nothing about it.

What does your Vet say about the change in behavior?

Apr 13, 2013, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    How about asking the maid if she's mistreating the cat? If you think the cat is being mistreated it is unkind to do nothing about it.

What does your Vet say about the change in behavior?
    ---
    Of course I did asked her and she said no but you never know because once
    She kicked her on her leg but not so hard because the maid is scared of cats so you know I did what I had to do ,
    But my vit does not know anything , I live in country that there is not much of "educated vet " so he does not know and I am worried that my cat is in pain somehow and I can't to anything
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2013, 02:47 PM
    So the maid kicked your cat but "not hard" and the maid is still there, with access to the cat?

Apr 13, 2013, 03:06 PM
    So the maid kicked your cat but "not hard" and the maid is still there, with access to the cat?
    I told you I did what I had to do. Now she is never in the same place as her .
    When I said " not so hard " I meant that did not left a mark that would be the reason of her pain ! My dad did what he had to do with the maid too .but the problem here is with the cat's attitude .
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2013, 03:33 PM
    If the maid is never with the cat I don't know why you mentioned the maid.

At any rate, is the cat neutered/spayed?

Apr 13, 2013, 04:08 PM

Omg will you let it go ?
    I mentioned the maid because it she might have hurt her before

Apr 13, 2013, 04:10 PM

Is the cat neutered/spayed?
    Yes
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 13, 2013, 04:11 PM
    Cats don't have "attitudes" whereby they attack people. If they attack, it is because they are defending themselves or are already in pain and don't want to be touched.

Which country are you in that there are no vets ?

Apr 13, 2013, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Cats don't have "attitudes" whereby they attack people. If they attack, it is because they are defending themselves or are already in pain and don't want to be touched.

Which country are you in that there are no vets ?
    There IS vets but they don't know too much about this situation

I am sorry I am still learning English
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2013, 06:19 PM
    Vets in your Country don't know why injured animals strike out?

You are excusing yourself and your cat could be injured.

And, no, I'm not "letting ig go." You are ignoring an animal that could be injured - and that's cruel.

Apr 14, 2013, 01:15 PM
    Vets in your Country don't know why injured animals strike out?

You are excusing yourself and your cat could be injured.

And, no, I'm not "letting ig go." You are ignoring an animal that could be injured - and that's cruel.
    OK what excus did I say whey would I ask peple if I did not want to help my cat ?
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2013, 12:04 AM
    Hi buthinah, I wonder if your cat is overly attached to someone in your family and "defending" them when she attacks someone who yells. Also, I know she is spayed but if that was recent, could she have any kittens hidden away somewhere? She could be showing signs of fear, defence or even epilepsy. She may just be playing in an inappropriate way.

Also, I don't want to worry you and I it's probably only a slim possibility, but do you have rabies in your country? If so, is your cat vaccinated for it? If she is attacking and it's not provoked I would be very concerned. If she hasn't been vaccinated against rabies then I think you should speak to your vet and ask them if the cat might be showing early symptoms of epilepsy or even rabies.

She also may just have a low tolerance for noise - which MAY indicate an ear infection that is causing noise to be amplified. Check her ears for redness, weeping, blood, etc.

Hope this helps!

Hugs, Didi

Apr 16, 2013, 12:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by grammadidi View Post
    Hi buthinah, I wonder if your cat is overly attached to someone in your family and "defending" them when she attacks someone who yells. Also, I know she is spayed but if that was recent, could she have any kittens hidden away somewhere? She could be showing signs of fear, defence or even epilepsy. She may just be playing in an inappropriate way.

Also, I don't want to worry you and I it's probably only a slim possibility, but do you have rabies in your country? If so, is your cat vaccinated for it? If she is attacking and it's not provoked I would be very concerned. If she hasn't been vaccinated against rabies then I think you should speak to your vet and ask them if the cat might be showing early symptoms of epilepsy or even rabies.

She also may just have a low tolerance for noise - which MAY indicate an ear infection that is causing noise to be amplified. Check her ears for redness, weeping, blood, etc.

Hope this helps!

Hugs, Didi
    Will you have no idea how I was waiting for a comment like that .thank you so much ,but OK I am freaking out , first of all I did vaccinated her and thank god there is not rabies in here but I just want to say that when she is attacking me it is not really something would hurt me she is just meowing and biting but not so hard on me I am not scared OF her , I am scared FOR her so I can handl the fact that she is attacking me , the vet told me she is in a good health, but he does not know why she is attacking me ! Do you think that she is just low tolerance for noise? But what got me so confused is she is overly attached to ME so why she is attacking ME when I make noise?
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2013, 12:30 PM
    I notice two versions of the Vet -

Have you read this - http://www.2ndchance.info/aggressivecat.htm
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Apr 29, 2013, 03:22 PM
    I have a couple cats that act similarly when they want attention. One will get as close to my face as possible and meow loudly, the other swats and bites me. Things like me talking, no matter to who/what, seem to remind them that I should be giving them attention.

Is it possible that she's just jealous and seeking attention? It sounds more like attention seeking than a pain/fear response, at least to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My cat is acting strange? HELP [ 5 Answers ]

Hey my cat is nearly one years old now and she is acting very strange as she keeps asking for allot more attention then what she usually does, also she is for ever meawing and lying all over the floor twisting and turning. She also wants to be touched, and stroked by us. This is not my cat usually...

Strange acting cat [ 1 Answers ]

My cat will walk a few feet and then stop and turn in tight circles and walk again. Also it will not respond ti her name. What is wrong

My cat is acting strange [ 1 Answers ]

My cat rosie is VERY active when we play with her, does a lot of "hunting" I guess you could say. Anyway, we were moving the couch around and rosie got stuck under it, after that happened she wasn't herself for 2 or 3 days then she was back to normal. Now it has been about 2 weeks since that and...

My cat is acting strange [ 1 Answers ]

My cat is acting strange, she will sit on our carpet and do a weird sad meow. She has done this 3-4 times in the past 2 days. My dog recently just died and she was pretty good friends with him. I am wondering if she misses him or feels or sees his spirit. She will also Play with her toy and lick...

Cat acting strange when bringing our cat we had before back home... [ 1 Answers ]

We have three cats; Kittie, Trinie, and Cleveland. The first two are girls and are younger than Cleveland by about 4 years. One of our cats ran away a month ago. I don't know how she got out but we couldn't find her anywhere. Yesterday she turned up in a neighbors yard, and then I brought her...

View more questions Search