Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 08:50 AM
    What color is my pup
    Ok, I know thereres Red merle, blue merle, chocolate merle, black and white, and so on and so forth.. but what color would my cute little puppy be classified as does anyone know?
    He is the multi colored one in the front * the pup in the back is my aunts*

Avasean Posts: 85, Reputation: 6

Mar 31, 2010, 09:28 AM

I believe that is classified as blue brendel
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 09:31 AM

Blue brindle is striped, not patchy ;)

I would say he is going to be almost a sable color (tan/grey) it's hard to tell with puppies so young though as they do change color drastically as they get older.

For example, Great Dane puppies are born an almost chocolate color, then as they get older the coat clears and turns pale fawn.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 09:31 AM

I don't think Alapaha blue bloods come in brindle.. that's the only thing because that's what I've thought before.. unless brindle and merle are the same thing lol

* I know regular colors not fancy ones can't you tell lol*

*edit* shazzy.. I know they change colors.. but I do know he'll keep all them spots too.. and his mom was red merle when she was a pup and she stayed that way.. daddy is black and white
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 09:39 AM

Yes, the merle ticks and patches will stay but I was referring to the base color which in the photo looks a golden/grey color... that could change completely as she grows ;)

Just as an example this is a brindle dog:
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 09:40 AM

Ahhh I see shazzy.. I think if he goes to a sable color he'll look awesome :D
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 09:42 AM

He will be awesome either way :D

I don't know much about merles unfortunately. Growing up with Great Danes I was taught that merle was a "bad color" as it isn't allowed in Danes.

It's starting to grow on me thanks to Zoe :D
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 09:49 AM

Lol yea I can understand that.. merles are common in alapaha's blue and chocolate merle being rare..

And zoe is a wicked looking dog.. there's still five pups left out of the litter mine is from. I wonder how fast they will go
    zoeandduke Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2010, 08:34 PM
    This one is for the person wanting to know about the multi coloured puppy on the top of the page your puppy is classified as a blue merele halequin u get this colour buy putting a mele and a fawn together to get the blue then u dripple the halequin in bye putting other harliquin genes over top (if u got that one lol)
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2010, 08:55 PM

I found out, from the association the pups are registered with that it is in fact Chocolate merle... harlequin does not exist in the alapaha world as a color... and the mother is merle, father is pied... so what you say wouldn't work LOL
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2010, 09:11 PM

I think zoeandduke thought your pup was a Great Dane from the picture I posted ;)
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2010, 09:12 PM

AHHh that could have been. Thanks for pointing that out shazzy
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2010, 09:13 PM

But. She did state :the multi colored puppy at the top of the page: so we won't know until she comes back lol
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2010, 09:22 PM

If she does... I don't think she's going to like my answer to her question.

I just noticed I was calling Ryu a she back on the other page... whoops lol
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2010, 02:46 AM

LOL shaz.. saying that might of prevented her from posting anything else... Its OK HE forgives you, but only this once :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog bit the cord off twice of pup and pup died [ 7 Answers ]

My dog gave birth to a puppy that came feet first, the pup an over grown tongue and she bite the cord off and then bit it off again and the puppy bled to death. Why would she do this.

My pup doesn't act like a pup [ 7 Answers ]

I just adopted a black lab puppy he is 15 weeks old I was told his mother was a stray and he was bottle fed and never bonded with his mother. He does not play like a pup of his breed should he acts like he was abused because he cowers when called and won't leave my room to explore and he does not...

How long after dying my hair can I use a color zapper? What color will it turn my hai [ 2 Answers ]

My natural hair color is Dark/Medium Brown. Since summer, I've been dying my hair with a reddish tone. I haven't had my natural color since then. I decided to try black, I HATE IT. I look too pale and it looks like a wig. My friend told me about a loreal color zapper and I don't want to damage my...

At-home hair color using Color Zap, then Wella color [ 2 Answers ]

I have naturally medium brown hair. I have always looked better with blonde hair, and I went to salons for years to have my hair colored. I can no longer afford the $100+ visits every 3 weeks, so I have tried doing it myself. Recently I used Color Zap to remove all color (because I had several...

Applying color after color corrector- too dark. How long do I wait to re-dye [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dying my hair red for years. I wanted to lighten up the red color a shade or two so my colorist used a color corrector and then redosited a lighter red color after the corrector was shampooed out. The color ended up very dark & not red at all so we used the color corrector a second...

View more questions Search