Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bozey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 07:57 PM
    My 93 honda accord will not start
    My car will not start. It turns and turns as if it wants to start, but ultimately nothing happens. The first instant happened about a day ago. After it failed to start I let it sit until th evening and tried again. It started twice after that with no problems (about 10 hours apart). I went to start it this afternoon, and it simply turns and turns again. It's now nighttime again, and this time it won't start at all.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2010, 05:00 AM

Replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

This should solve your problem.
    bozey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 06:50 PM
    Thank you for the quick response. My one concern. I've had that fail in the past on an older honda of mine. I did a spark test and I am getting a spark. Is there anything else that might be causing it, or do you still think that it is likely the ICM and coil?
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2010, 05:24 AM

With a bad ICM, it may fire but not when the ECM wants it to. If replacing the ICM and coil doesn't solve the problem, then the next step is to replace the distributor housing (genuine Honda only). No money will be lost, since you can install your new aftermarket ICM and coil in your new Honda distributor housing.
    dannyR Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Jun 30, 2010, 07:14 PM
    Fuel pump!.
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2010, 07:40 PM

Honda fuel pumps are extremely reliable--I have yet to see a bad one. What masks as a bad fuel pump, is usually an electrical-related problem. If you can hear the fuel pump run, when the ignition switch is turned to ON (Position II), then it is likely good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 Honda Accord not start [ 1 Answers ]

Hello TxGreaseMonkey, My 92 Honda has a similar problem. First, it stalled sometime when driving. I waited about 15 min and it could start again. So, I decided to replace the distributor cap, rotor and/or even ICM. My version of distributor (Duralast) doesn't have a screw that secure the...

93 Honda accord lx won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a p3 accord lx that won't start, I replace the selonoids, check the fuses, replace the distributor, fuel pressure good, cylinder pressure good, I got spark, motor turn over but it just won't start. What should I do?

92 Honda Accord will not start [ 2 Answers ]

Turn the key to "ON" and no dash lights at all Battery good, starter cranking Replaced Main Relay last night -- no difference Recently had the Valves adjusted - Throttle body and intake system cleaned at the Honda dealer. New p;plugs, wires and so on The first time I noticed this was when I...

94 Honda Accord won't start [ 5 Answers ]

My wife the other morning stopped to get gas on her way to work. When she tried to restart it it wouldn't start. She called me and I went to the gas station and he car started right up for me. I let her take the car on her hour commute to work, she had no problems getting there. When she was on her...

96 Honda Accord won't start [ 15 Answers ]

Well, my wife parked her 96 Accord wagon with VTEC engine in the garage and apparently left the headlamps on. Battery appears to be dead. Used the shift release lever to get it out of park, since there is no room in the garage to do anything, and towed/pulled it out of the garage using our other...

View more questions Search