Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2010, 03:05 PM
    Registries, Dog showing
    How can a registry be accepted into a show? *like a dog breed registry... * and how would I find out if Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldogs can be shown in canada.. and under what class *ex, rare breed, working, etc* and this is reallllllyy important so any links possible would be really apprechated. *and no its not homework haha I'm too old for that stuff* I'm researching, as someone I know is looking into creating a canadian registry for Alapaha's and asked for my help
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 19, 2010, 03:16 PM

I know this is important to you, but actually your friend will have to contact the Canadian Registry of the Canadian Kennel Club. You can investigate Google as well as I and unfortunately what I have turned up is your pup is not a registered breed in Canada and until it is, cannot be shown. There is a really involved registering programme, bloodlines have to be researched, and if she has that, then she can go ahead with it.

Tick
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2010, 04:31 PM

What if the original registry of the breed has the stud books.. which no one has ever seen, and errors have been found in peoples pedigrees from that association.. how could she research bloodlines after that.

By the way I plan on getting my pup dna tested. As there is roumours that the president of the alapaha's registry is cross breeding his dog. And my pups dam is one of his dogs :(
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2010, 05:42 PM

Registering your dog and showing it are two completely different things. I think Canada as the CKC... I'm not sure if they accept your breed. You're going to have to check out their website or maybe call someone and ask.. Or, talk to the breeder. If it's a legit breeder, her dogs will already be registered by one of the kennel clubs, all you have to do is fill out the paper work.

You can always double or triple register your dog. You can register CKC, AKC, and UKC. You're able to compete at all their shows as long as your dog is registered with that organization. I believe with your breed they have their own organization that you can compete in.

It all really depends on serious you are. Titles are bought, not earned.. sad to say. At least here in the US they are.

Good luck
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2010, 06:09 PM

The main registry for them is ABBA - The Alapaha Blue-Blood Bulldog Association Official Website

They may have their own shows around, but I know they prohibit dual registering with other associations that recognize the breed, like the UCA and the ARF.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2010, 06:12 PM

Pit Bulls can be registered under the UKC or CKC as APBT where as the AKC you can register them as Am.Staff.

Crazy huh!

Lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why does it look like I'm showing already? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have 3 children. My oldest will be 10 next month my daughter will be 8 in 2months and I have a 18 month old. I never completely got rid of my tummy. Today I'm 5wks and 4 days. I look pregnant. Why does my tummy look bigger now that I'm pregnant? Before I was pregnant I could hide my...

How come I am not showing yet? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am 16 weeks pregnant and not showing at all!I feel like I'm never going to pop out? Is this normal and when am I supposed to get my little baby bump? I'm worried that I'm not even showing a little bit. When should I be getting a little bigger?

Second hd not showing up. [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I have just added a second hard drive to my desktop. My primary drive is running xp the new drive has linux on it. But xp is not showing the drive. I want to use this drive to put music, pics, videos and stuff like that. Do I have to put xp on this drive? It is a 20gb, when I go to computer...

Showing already? [ 1 Answers ]

I just found out I'm 9 weeks along wit child:D and I'm showing already?? My husband is a twin and I have 2 sets of twins on my mothers side is there any way I can tell if I'm having twins without waiting for my next visit to the doc. :rolleyes:

Hdd not showing in disk management but showing in device manager [ 1 Answers ]

I have my friend's hdd which crashed few daz ago then I connected it to my PC as slave but now its in the device manager and bios though not showing in MY COMPUTER,DISK MANAGEMENT.. help

View more questions Search