Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natty211 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 08:00 PM
    I don't have that "bestfriend" anymore
    Ack, okay so I'm new to this and don't really know how this works. But last year I lost my best friend... and no not "lost" like she died but, lost her friendship basically. She became friends with this popular new girl "Ali" we will call her. And ever since then.. they have become really really close and "Jill" never really hangs out with me anymore.. only those popular people. Jill was my best friend for 5 years.. and I'm in 10th grade now, and its nice to have a best friend in high school but I don't have that anymore. My other best friend also found other people to hangout with and now I'm just kind of stuck and don't know where I belong friend wise. I guess I'm jealous of Jill because she's friends with all them which sounds so lame I know... but I don't know what to do anymore.. I'm trying to branch out but everyone has their"best friend" and clique. I'm not saying I'm like a social outcast.. im not at all in any way.. but I don't know how to get either of them back.. and I've spoken to them before.. and Jill doesn't really care anymore, so I guess there's no point in becoming friends again, but my other best friend Annalie, I really want back, she's been there my whole entire life. Sorry if this is confusing.. ill refresh any information if needed... but I mean, what should I do? And how do I make another best friend again? :(
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2009, 01:58 PM

Sorry that happen but they couldn't have been much of a friend if they let other friend come between your friendship

I've friends each one of his has other friends that we hang out with but we still find time for us to get together and have fun.

The only thing you can do rigtht now is make new friends and maybe in time your have a new best friend or if anything a new buddy.
    Swagga Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 10:43 PM

This somewhat reminds me of what I went through in high school. I started with a group of friends in grade 8 grew apart in grade 9 and in Grade 11 I got into an argument n it was a whole new clique again. It's sad but people sometimes grow apart but the true friendships always come back together. I lost a friend in hs and now we're closer than ever and I have graduated college. Don't be afraid of the change embrace it for what it is and go for the ride. Out of it you get opportunities to meet different kinds of people and you will come out stronger. My advice to you is to go out there and meet new people and give this change time. Do you have a drama club or any extra curricular activities at your school? If so that can be an opportunity to meet people as well. Good luck
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Jan 26, 2009, 10:47 PM

The friends you have at the beginning of high school aren't usually the same friends you have after. This is a time of growing and finding out who you are somewhat. People grow apart for many different reasons.
    SaraKammeraad Posts: 82, Reputation: 2

Jan 31, 2009, 11:43 PM

High School Sucks! That's just the way it is. Friends do come and go. But it seems like in your situation that you didn't have a fight more along the lines of just growing some apart. I can tell you that if it's just growing apart it will be OK you will have your friends back soon. Everyone has different friends in different cliques. Example: I have friends that have never even heard of my other friends, they don't know each other they aren't the same people. Think of it like this 'losing' this friend isn't losing the friend it's making room in your life for more different friends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not feeling "in love" anymore [ 9 Answers ]

I've been married for almost 8 years, for almost 2 I've been feeling very differntly about my husband. I don't want to have sex with him, I no longer feel attracted to him, I don't seem to care if he comes or goes. I feel like he's a great friend and a great person, but nothing more. The bad...

"Not Feeling It" anymore - wait it out or bail now? [ 5 Answers ]

I've been seeing a guy for a year and a half now and was always really into him (maybe even too much)... but I feel like the tide has turned within me. At first, I started feeling "lonely in the relationship," longing for something deeper. Last night on our date, I didn't have that "I want you"...

My wife isn't "in love" anymore, usually. [ 42 Answers ]

I will try to summarize the situation and would love input, please! We have been married 11.5 years, together about 13. We have two kids. We get along fine. We have our differences, but without bitterness or blow out arguments. She has a hard time telling me things that are on her...

View more questions Search