Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2011, 05:13 AM
    Excessive threading
    Is there a trick I should know. When you cut off excessive threading with a hacksaw
    Will the nut still turn on the thread. Because now you have a rough finish.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2011, 05:37 AM
    One thing you can do. When you cut off the threaded pipe, do so with the nut screwed on above the point where you will cut. When you're finished cutting, then simply screw the nut off. When you do that, it smooths the cut and you can put the nut back on easily.
    Dr1757 Posts: 186, Reputation: 25

Oct 10, 2011, 05:56 AM
    Jlisenbe is correct. Also, if you have a bench grinder you can grind a taper on the end of the pipe to clean up the cut.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 10, 2011, 05:57 AM
    I never had much luck grinding a taper . It always leaves a little burr. Short of a set of dyes to remove the burr left by the cut jlisenbe gave you the only option there is. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Threading eyebrows [ 7 Answers ]

I go for threading off the eyebrows, to give it a well-shape every fortnite, but recently I read in THE TRIBUNE that it can be lethal for eyes or skin or overall health, and I want to know if there is any truth in this saying or claim? My hair is silky but I want to go for a feather cut, and...

Doberman puppy Excessive Excessive biting. [ 9 Answers ]

I have read through all the other excessive biting posts.. I have a 3 month old female doberman puppy.. she BITES.. it might sound so simple, but its not.. I have scratch marks all over my legs and hands.. she has teeth an inch long and razor sharp.. It punctured by thumb today morn and I...

Threading my Treadle [ 3 Answers ]

I am having trouble threading my Raymond treadle. I followed the directions yet the thread keeps breaking when I am sewing. It's supposed to wrap under this flat piece and then up into the hook. That's where my trouble is- going under that flat piece, it doesn't look right. What am I doing wrong?...

Pipe threading [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to unscrew a nut in a cleanout line, and it won't budge in the counter-clockwise direction, but will Move in the clockwise direction. Are these pipes oppositely threaded, or is it simply a question of forces and mechanical advantage? Thanks, Roy

View more questions Search