Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amanda000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2011, 01:32 PM
    Help to leave my husband?
    I want to leave my husband, he is a compulsive liar he steals from me and my children. He has threatened me and been abusive, I don't have any family as I moved to another country to be with him, I don't have anybody to turn to and want to know what the first steps are, I'm a stay at home mum so don't have much money and my name is on the mortgage but I could nt afford to pay on my own. We sleap in separate bedrooms and he has made it quite clear he's not going to go or let me leave.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 27, 2011, 01:37 PM
    You will have to take the children to a Womens' Shelter Amanda. There you will receive the support and guidance you need, plus food.

Then you file a restraining order against your husband, citing his abusive ways and then you find a divorce lawyer.

I know it all sounds daunting, but you have to start somewhere and getting out of the house with your kids is the first step.

Tick
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 29, 2011, 07:36 AM
    I don't know what country you are in, or what services are available to you.

It would help to know where you are.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 29, 2011, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
    I don't know what country you are in, or what services are available to you.

It would help to know where you are.

Jake, country does matter yes, but if she needs to get out of an abusive relationship with her children, then in any country worldwide there are Red Cross Womens' and YMCA shelters to access and if she has a computer then she can find them to go to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help to leave my husband don't have help [ 2 Answers ]

Am in GA with my husband which I should never marry in the first place,but now I have no family here or a place to go to and he tod me to get out. I don't have no where to go? Please help me.

Should I leave my husband? [ 9 Answers ]

I married my husband 6 years ago when he was in the military. We do love each other and rarely argue. The thing I am having a hard time dealing with is he is so much different than when I married him. When he was discharged from the military (honorably) he has become extremely irresponsible to the...

Should I leave my husband [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 6 1/2 years we have 2 boys 3 and 6mths, My husband cheated, I left for 4 months when he asked me to come back I did. He said he had talked to someone about his problems and was ready to prove to me he was sorry. I went back and things were great for awhile......

Should I leave my husband? [ 8 Answers ]

My husband and I have ben together for 18 yrs (since I was 19 and he was 17). He has always had issues (mother died when he was 6, father was a trucker and never home, raised by old fashioned grandparents). The problem is his so called "attitude". He comes home from work, hits the bed, doesn't get...

Should I leave my husband [ 21 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for just over 5 years. Not a first marriage for either of us. We are in our forties. For the last 2 years things keep getting worse. My husband refuses to spend time with me, refuses to talk to me about our problems. He basically comes home from work and...

View more questions Search