Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leprechaunseek Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2011, 10:22 AM
    Leprechaun movies of the '80s?
    I'm trying to track down a movie about two kids who happen upon a leprechaun at their grandpa's farm. There's some connection with a white horse, and they cross into a magical realm through the rainbow. There is also a part where the fairies or leprechauns slide into a pit and a giant round head comes out of it and spits out gold coins. Wild I know. I think it was made in the 80's or late 70's. It could have been a TV movie and could have been produced by Disney. That's all I remember about it.
    Blue Angel Posts: 266, Reputation: 51

Sep 7, 2011, 10:56 AM
    Possibly The Great Land of Small (1987) - IMDb
    leprechaunseek Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2011, 06:08 AM
    That's it. Thanks so much. Those vague memories have been haunting me for awhile now.
    Blue Angel Posts: 266, Reputation: 51

Sep 8, 2011, 03:10 PM
    You're welcome. I actually had the same problem, vague memories of the movie but no name to go with it. I actually believe on found my answer on this website as well a few years ago. Then of course I couldn't rest until I watched it again. The movie is so obscure that it's not on DVD but I was able to track down a VHS copy on eBay or Amazon. You can probably find a website to watch it at for free. If you like strange movies from the 80's, you should check out IMDb - The Peanut Butter Solution (1985) , that's another one that bugged me for the longest time until I got the name off this website.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s movie title kids movie about leprechaun [ 12 Answers ]

I saw this movie when I was little about a little girl and her brother and their dog and they are looking for their dog because it ran into the woods and they find a leprechaun but that is about all that I remember and I have no idea how to find this movie. My friends tell me that it must have...

Two 80s movies [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find the title of 2 movies, and I think they were both made in the 80s. The first one was about an evil girl who murdered another girl and took her necklace. They setting of the movie was near the water. The evil girl tried to hide what she didn't, but eventually her mother discovered...

Looking for names of 80s cyborg film and 70/80s martian vs earth defenders movies [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me with the name of two films: 1. Probably from the late 80's. The basic idea is that a man (I think a soldier) is changed into a cyborg/android. He has a weaponised arm/hand that fire missles/fire etc. and part of his face has and one eye has been replaced....

80s TV movies [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to remember the names of two children's movies from the 80s. One is I believe a series of movies about the boogey man. The boogey man character, if I remember, liked to say "boogey, boogey boo! Just kidding!" The other is a very hazy memory. A story of a girl in her room at night...

80s movies, please help [ 1 Answers ]

I need help remembering the name of an 80s comedy/mystery movie, I can't remember much except a truck with a rat or mouse on top with glowing eyes, and guys that are pretending to be exterminators for unknown reasons. Please help

View more questions Search