Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    razorbackgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2011, 05:50 AM
    No income no assets and credit card default?
    If you default on a credit card and you do not own your home and receive only Social Security and Teacher Retirement and have no personal property or assets what is the normal outcome as far as the Court is concerned?
    Dr1757 Posts: 186, Reputation: 25

Sep 7, 2011, 06:36 AM
    They can sue you and probably win a judgment, however collecting might be a problem. You might consider bankruptcy, but you would need to consult with an attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card default or not [ 2 Answers ]

Should I pay off my credit card debt or default? I am a 72 year old woman recently widowed with 25k in creditt card debt in my name. I live in NY state and currently employed making 23K/yr. I own my house with a value of 100K. I have an 30K in savings and am receiving 50K from a life...

Credit card default [ 2 Answers ]

Many years ago I was diagnoised with hiv. Well to make a long story short I ran all of my credit cards up to about 30,000. Now I am living healthy and not expected to die but I can not make the payments on any of these cards. I am in big trouble. My biggest fear is that they will take my car...

Credit Card Default [ 4 Answers ]

I defaulted on a credit card 6 years ago for $2000. They have filed a suit in court. I would like to settle but before they will talk about it, they want all of my financial information. Should I give it to them before court?

Credit card default. [ 1 Answers ]

If I default on a credit card what is going to happen? Can they make me pay back the debt?

Credit card default [ 1 Answers ]

I have been contacted by a law firm/collection agency which states I owe a credit card company 26K for unpaid credit card payments. The person who committed fraud against me for this amount has moved to another state, although he did sign a Letter of Financial Responsibility from the credit card...

View more questions Search