Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    da_smoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2011, 04:54 AM
    Wooden gated fence in concrete
    I want to add a fence on top of my driveway. There is an 18 foot gap in between my garage and house that I would like to put a wooden fence into. The idea is put in a 12 foot gate with two side. One side would be 8 foot long on wheels only to be opened up when needed to drive through (truck, lawn tractor, etc.) The second side would be 4 foot for general walking through duties. Fencing in the rest of the yard with metal posts and fencing. The question is, without attaching the end posts to the house and garage, how would I attach the fenceposts into the concrete needed to create this gate? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have done fencing before, but never over preexisting concrete.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2011, 06:11 PM
    You can do it a couple of ways, but with the weight, I'd use 6X6 PT and sink them in the ground 3ft. Put some #57 stone under the post, plumb the posts, support them and put hi strength redi mix in the hole. Let sit 2-3 days before attaching the gates.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing wooden fence [ 8 Answers ]

I want to hire someone to install a new wooden fence. Like to pay him for the job but curious as to how many hours would it require one person to put in 120 feet of fencing. Includes 15 posts and required 2X4's and 6 inch boards. Posts to be installed with concrete. Two gates. Rough estimate is...

Wooden fence [ 2 Answers ]

How do you anchor galvanized fence post to concrete to erect a fence on a slab

Attaching wooden fence to a tree. [ 4 Answers ]

I'm want to install a stockade fence in my backyard. I have a tree behind in the corner. Should I just attach the fences to the tree or install another post.

View more questions Search