Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    logan176 Posts: 341, Reputation: 6

Sep 20, 2010, 04:30 AM
    My website works on Internet Explorer but not Firefox or Chrome
    I have a class website for my students that I've created using Microsoft Publisher 2003. Whenever I work on the site I have to save it as a web page and then upload the file to my district's server. The site has always worked well on Internet Explorer (I should hope so, they are both Microsoft products). My site used to work on Firefox and Chrome, but the page rendering made the page look a little fuzzy. Now that I've upgraded to Office 2010, my website will render perfectly on Firefox and Chrome, but many of the links will not work.

Can you think of a reason why this might be happening?
    objectundefined Posts: 45, Reputation: 2
    Site Dev

Sep 24, 2010, 12:17 AM
    Would you mind posting a link to your web site? I can look at it and see why it isn't working.
    ivankruss Posts: 29, Reputation: 4

Oct 2, 2010, 02:11 PM
    There are bunch of things that could be causing this. Naturally there could be many solutions. Though, one simple thing You could try is downloading the Open Office from http://download.openoffice.org/index.html , install it and try to open and export your file with this application (it's 100 % free and contains no spy software or viruses). It might work, it might not. But that's the most simple thing I could think of.
    What I would recommend though, is getting more intimate with HTML and CSS as a start and then begin coding your website in simple html editors - doing it this way You ensure most compatibility between browsers and the different versions of them. That brings me to another point, that a broken web page could result from updating Your browser as well.
    There is no easy way when we are talking about securing browser compatibility- this is a "science" for it self, which is why You can find so many websites online that focused on such issues.
    I don't recommend using Microsoft Office for managing websites, may be with the exception when You are dealing with .asp technology which I am not proficient with.
    Hope that helps.
    PS: If You decide to follow my advice I can provide You with numerous links to websites with basic and advanced html and css tutorials (by the way You only really need html, but css makes things prettier )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Firefox fails, explorer works [ 13 Answers ]

G'day... If I try to get to a website using Firefox it takes forever and the loading indicator never stops. If I use Explorer for the same site, it loads with no problem. This has not always been the case. When I first installed Firefox it worked fine. Maybe I am cynical or paranoid or just way...

Explorer and chrome will not work, Firefox does, causing issues [ 1 Answers ]

As I've stated, Explorer and chrome don't work, even after new downloads and installation. The window comes up, but it's as if there is no internet connection. I believe that many programs that only need internet sometimes use internet explorer to do so. This makes a lot of things difficult. A...

Internet OK.just can't get Firefox or internet explorer to work [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have.windows XP.I have d-link wireless for both laptops and netgear for this laptop,other laptop is fine.just can't load up a web page on this laptop.have mozilla Firefox.and internet explorer.I have looked at settings but I not sure what I am looking for, any help would be welcome

Firefox Vs. Internet Explorer [ 5 Answers ]

So I've been thinking of getting that Firefox browser, I'm just not sure of what the if I should get it or not. Sure the website says they're all that and more but what do the people say about it? I mean is it as good as the website says, or is there anything wrong with it and whatnot. What...

View more questions Search