Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seachelle7926 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2010, 10:06 PM
    Trying to find a movie title
    I'm trying to remember a movie from at least 13 years or so ago. I believe I used to watch it on the Disney Channel, but I could be mistaken.

This movie has been driving me crazy for years! I can't remember much of it, but here's what I can remember:

At the beginning, a child is talking on the phone with a friend and he sees a giant gift-wrapped box when going into a room. He unwraps it and I think it was some sort of transportation device or something. I remember him going to this different universe of some sort. Mostly all I can remember of this is 2 different men, one all about the alphabet and the other all about numbers. They argue about which is better.

I hope this was enough info for someone to be able to help me!

Thanks!
    Nepolean Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2010, 10:39 PM

Hi Seachelle7926,

I too remember seeing such a movie. What I remember is that the kid gets transported into a cartoon world. Am I correct? Please let me know.

Jun 22, 2010, 10:51 PM

I don't remember it being a cartoon world, but you could very well be right! It has really been SO long! Another thing I remember is at the end, when he gets back home, he hears his friend, still on the phone, calling out his name. And it was as if he'd only been gone for a few seconds...
    straydog Posts: 898, Reputation: 210
    Movie Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 05:35 AM

The Phantom Tollbooth (70)
    a.k.a. The Adventures of Milo in the Phantom Tollbooth

Jun 23, 2010, 09:57 PM

Oh my gosh! Thank you SO much! You have NO idea how happy I am to finally have the title of this movie! It's seriously been bugging me for years and years! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Jun 25, 2010, 12:36 AM
    Thanks straydog!

This is exactly the movie I saw many years back. I remember seeing this movie on Star movies.

Seachelle7926,
    I live in India and we have the Disney channel here only for the past 4 or 5 years. You say that you saw it on Disney channel about 13 years ago. Can you please tell me how old that channel is?
    I really feel bad when I see that we are lagging behind in many things.
    Blue Angel Posts: 266, Reputation: 51

Jun 25, 2010, 10:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepolean View Post
    Thanks straydog!

This is exactly the movie I saw many years back. I remember seeing this movie on Star movies.

Seachelle7926,
    I live in India and we have the Disney channel here only for the past 4 or 5 years. You say that you saw it on Disney channel about 13 years ago. Can you please tell me how old that channel is?
    I really feel bad when I see that we are lagging behind in many things.
    Hi Nepolean, according to the Walt Disney company history the Disney Channel has been around since 1983. It didn't become available to many other countries until the last 10 to 15 years though it seems.

Jun 27, 2010, 11:15 PM

Thanks for the info, Blue Angel!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to find a movie title. Very vague info, 80's movie [ 5 Answers ]

Ok... I only have a few images from the movie stuck n my head and am going nuts trying to remember the title... ... blonde girl lying on the bed with long curly or crimped hair ... guy in recliner, upset, gets a call and takes 2 rottweilers with him ... guy soots roach or bug on wall with a...

Find movie title movie from the 70's horror or devil theme, red eyes in a curtain [ 3 Answers ]

Farm or country property. People thought it was possesed or something. I remember one scene where the actors were looking at photographs of the house and one of the photos had red eyes in the curtains - This has been driving me crazy! Same time frame/era as GARGOYLES.

Trying to find movie title of a kidnap movie [ 2 Answers ]

This is a movie from 80's or early 90's. This is a sad ending kidnap story. I vaguely remember the title, it's a short title with 'kidnap' or 'missing' in it. Villain kidnaps the heroine asking for help. He follows her husband/boy friend all the time. He tortures her and finally kills her. I know...

Find a movie title 80-90? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I've seen a movie when I was young and can't remember name or actors playing in it but I do remember the story really precisely. An uncle dies and will give his heritage to 3 of his family members that are brothers and sister if they win in team a multi-sports competition, it's a comedy I...

Trying to find a movie title [ 1 Answers ]

There was a movie about a couple driving who get lost or diverted. Seems it may have come out in the 80's or 90's. They end up in a town where past music legends who are dead all exist either on their way to the next life or are in the next life. Can anyone remember the title? It sort of reminds me...

View more questions Search