Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atsuydam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2008, 07:39 PM
    Kenmore Elite making Loud noise at END of spin cycle
    I have Kenmore Elite model #22996. Last week it started making a very loud thumping noise at the end of the spin cycle. It also does it if you open the lid during the spin cycle so it must being related to it need to stop. It is balanced, it does not matter on load size, and the springs are all intact and working wonderfully so it is not a balancing issue. Is the gear case? Clutch? My DH thinks lubing the brakes might help but does not know how.
    Any ideas before we go out and get a new washer?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 30, 2008, 02:17 AM
    That is the spin break kicking in. Get it fixed or buy new it is up to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer Clunking Noise in Spin Cycle [ 5 Answers ]

We have had a Kenmore Elite front load washer for a number of years (Model 970-38712-00). Today it started making a clunking noise when it started the high speed spin cycle (similar to putting a pair of runners in the dryer). I took off the back and spun the pulley by hand and heard a clunk...

Kenmore Calypso Elite spin cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Calypso Elite washing machine. Model number 110.22062102. It goes through its cycle just fine. Then when it gets to the 5 minute mark at the last spin cycle it goes off balance. If I don't stop it at the 2 minute mark it will jump. It is completely lvl. What the heck is going on. ...

Kenmore elite spin cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I am noticing on my Kenmore Elite Model 110.22992101 that the spin cycle is not causing the laundry to spin out as effecitve as before. The clothes still have a certain amount of water in them that if you wring them, will come out of the clothes. This seems to have happened fairly recently. Any...

Kenmore washer making loud noise [ 15 Answers ]

Hi! I have a kenmore washer that is @ 20 months old. After the wash cycle, it sometimes makes a loud banging noise (I guess it is switching gears?) before the rinse cycle begins. This doesn't happen all the time. Could it be that the washer is not level or maybe the load is off balance. Any...

View more questions Search