Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dr1757 Posts: 186, Reputation: 25

Oct 24, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Telephone inop
    I have ATT DSL which uses the same line as the telephone. This morning the phones worked but tonight I do not have a single phone in the house that works. No dial tone but yet the DSL works fine. I have gone through house unpluging the filters one at a time but still don't have a dial tone.

No work of any kind took place today.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2008, 05:40 PM

You should have about 48 volts dc at the jacks red and green. If there is a short or load that drops the voltage, some where below 9 volts, and you woun't get a dial tone.
    Unplug all phones and filters, try a known good phone, then another known good phone as 2 phones don't go bad at the same time(usually).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air handler fan contactor buzzing and fan inop [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Rheem air handler and the fan motor stopped working. I replaced the contactor when I heard a buzzing sound coming from it and also the capacitor. Neither lit the fan motor off so I checked to see if there was voltage to the fan and I had voltage at the appropriate wires so I replaced the...

Day & Night Gas heat INOP [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Day & night model 588, the ignition circuit board LED indicates a fault #8 (internal control fault). Are there voltage checks to confirm that the circuit board needs replacement.

2000 Silverado - 4x4 inop [ 2 Answers ]

2000 Silverado 1500 keeps showing Service 4WD light... we replaced the switch in the dash, the encoder motor on the transfer case, the actuator, the module behind the switch, checked the ground wires, traced all of the wiring... nothing's worked! :mad: Occasionally, when you switch the key on...

View more questions Search