Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lorena22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Maytag dryer - 14 yrs old - bad odor on clothes
    I have a wonderful Maytag dryer that is 14 years old and I have never had to h ave it repaired. Recently the clothes come out with an unpleasant odor, almost like mildew and I take them out of the dryer right away. Also I'm finding globs about 1/2 to 3/4 " that look like dry gum and are black but it's not gum. Thank you
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2008, 02:02 PM

Have a repairguy come and take a look at this machine before too much longer. A Maytag is a wonderful machine, but being 14 years old I think there is something going on with either the insulation inside the machine or something with a gasket that could be causing the odor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Maytag Dryer doesn't dry my clothes? [ 3 Answers ]

My dryer don't dry my clothes... it doesn't get hot.

Maytag electric clothes dryer [ 3 Answers ]

My Maytag electric clothes dryer gets hot but the clothes do not dry. What is wrong?

Maytag Dryer model DE806 starts only on high setting - shrinking clothes [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, We purchased a used Maytag dryer model DE 806 5 1/2 years ago and it works OK except it does not operate on any cycle except high heat. This is obviously causing some premature clothing wear, and wrinkles the clothes horribly. I've thought of replacing it, but our brand new Kenmore...

Goof off odor in clothes dryer [ 2 Answers ]

In attempt to rid ink stain in clothes dryer, my husband used goof off. Now I can't get that fume smell out of the dryer. How do I rid the dryer of the odor?

View more questions Search