Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bpekarski Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Where does transmitter go for ceiling fan
    Just bought a ceiling fan with a wireless remote. But the instructions are very unclear as to where the transmitter goes that controls the remote?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Apr 20, 2008, 04:01 PM
    The transmitter IS the remote. Do you mean the receiver at the fan? I can only assume so.

In that case it typically goes inside the canopy, above the cross bar that the fan hangs from.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2008, 05:12 PM
    What Stan said.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fans [ 2 Answers ]

What is the cost to run a ceiling fan for 24 hours (either $$ or kilowatt hours)?

Transmitter operates fan in other room too [ 1 Answers ]

I just had a Veranda ceiling fan installed. This fan is in second floor bedroom. I have a fan in kitchen on first floor, opposite side of house. It has the same type of wall transmitter. Either wall transmitter operates both fans. If I turn on fan and/or light in bedroom, it will turn it on in...

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Remote & Transmitter [ 18 Answers ]

Hi- I installed my fans no issues, and then decided that I wanted a remote (especially for the light) so I got a supplemental remote by Harbor Breeze. I installed it fine and it seemed to work; however, there was quickly an issue: When the fan was set to high I could not dim the light (up...

Remote control ceiling fan transmitter/receive replacement [ 2 Answers ]

Hi -- I just replaced the transmitter/receiver on my remote control light/ceiling fan, and it's working just fine. Thing is, before I installed it, I noted that the new control set said not to use on solid state ceiling fans. Because I didn't buy the fan in the first place, I wasn't sure of even so...

View more questions Search