Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blue Angel Posts: 266, Reputation: 51

Jan 2, 2008, 03:32 PM
    The Hugga Bunch Movie
    I'm looking for an animated version of the Hugga Bunch Kids movie. I've spent a lot of time searching and all I can find is the live action version made in 1985. I remember watching the cartoon version many times when I was a child but I can't find any mention of it anywhere, it's like it doesn't even exist. I'm wondering is it goes by a different name. If anyone knows anything about this version please let me know, your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2008, 05:22 PM
    This is one of the great mysteries of the Internet. There are a number of people who are utterly convinced that there is an animated version of The Hugga Bunch Movie, although plenty of others have researched this very issue and never found any evidence of this lost cartoon masterpiece. Are the seekers just mistaken? I can't say for certain, but I suspect that they are. Some people have been thrown off by the fact that the cover of the VHS makes it look like the 1985 movie is animated. But it is not.

There is, of course, a chance that there's a movie very much like THBM, and that this is what folks are remembering.

However, on a vaguely related note, for those who insist that there's a flick that's almost completely identical to the cult classic Sole Survivor, except for minor variations... well, I only have pity for such obsessed and tragically mistaken persons.

Jan 2, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Purukivel
    This is one of the great mysteries of the Internet. There are a number of people who are utterly convinced that there is an animated version of The Hugga Bunch Movie, although plenty of others have researched this very issue and never found any evidence of this lost cartoon masterpiece. Are the seekers just mistaken? I can't say for certain, but I suspect that they are. Some people have been thrown off by the fact that the cover of the VHS makes it look like the 1985 movie is animated. But it is not.

There is, of course, a chance that there's a movie very much like THBM, and that this is what folks are remembering.

However, on a vaguely related note, for those who insist that there's a flick that's almost completely identical to the cult classic Sole Survivor, except for minor variations...well, I only have pity for such obsessed and tragically mistaken persons.
    I know there is an animated version, I used to have my grandmother rent it for me from her local video store every time I'd visit her. I like it better than the live action because it doesn't seem to be as cheesy. I promise you I'm not being mislead by the cover of the live action version. It is a mystery indeed that there seems to be no evidence that this movie ever existed and it seems that this mystery will never be solved. There were some differences with the animated one, i.e. the grandmother actually went away at the end, from what I can remember. The story was almost exactly the same though, the main character goes through the mirror on her closet door and enters a soft bouncy land and the huggins characters lead her to the witches castle where the steal some of the magic berries that keep her young. The witch chases them all the way back to the mirror and that's when the girl trips on the way through and drops the berries on her bedroom floor. I will however look into this Sole Survivor you are talking about, but I don't think it's what I'm looking for.
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2008, 10:22 PM
    Oops, sorry... my aside on Sole Survivor was rather unrelated. Please ignore that.
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2008, 10:38 PM
    Try this link and note where one of the reviewers says that one of the cartoons is like the movie:

Amazon.com: Hugga Bunch : Hugs from the Heart + Huggins and Kisses + Hugs for Grandma: Video

Jan 3, 2008, 10:02 AM
    I'll look into it, thanks.
    danradcliffe879 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2008, 03:52 PM
    Know there is an animated version, I used to have my grandmother rent it for me from her local video store every time I'd visit her. I like it better than the live action because it doesn't seem to be as cheesy. I promise you I'm not being mislead by the cover of the live action version. It is a mystery indeed that there seems to be no evidence that this movie ever existed and it seems that this mystery will never be solved. There were some differences with the animated one, i.e. the grandmother actually went away at the end, from what I can remember. The story was almost exactly the same though, the main character goes through the mirror on her closet door and enters a soft bouncy land and the huggins characters lead her to the witches castle where the steal some of the magic berries that keep her young. The witch chases them all the way back to the mirror and that's when the girl trips on the way through and drops the berries on her bedroom floor. I will however look into this Sole Survivor you are talking about, but I don't think it's what I'm looking for.
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 11:12 PM
    Sorry again about mentioning Sole Survivor... I should not have brought it up because it has absolutely nothing to do with THBM... I was trying to make a point in general and failed miserably.

Jan 4, 2008, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Purukivel
    Sorry again about mentioning Sole Survivor...I should not have brought it up because it has absolutely nothing to do with THBM...I was trying to make a point in general and failed miserably.
    It's OK, I didn't read your comment as closely as I should have. If I had I would have realized better what you were saying. Thanks for your help though. The last person who commented on my question didn't even try to help, all he did was copy and paste my own comment.
    Miks09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2010, 08:49 AM
    Did you ever find it?

Nov 11, 2010, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miks09 View Post
    Did you ever find it?
    Yes I did. Thank you.
    megahoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2012, 05:27 PM
    I too have grown up with this movie. I kept typing 'pillow land cartoon' also 'still frame cartoons' to find it. I remember the pillow land, the berries, the tree with the hole that led to the darkness and witch. People kept telling me it was 'care bears' because I described kids being able to go their world (much like care bears) some also thought I meant 'gummie bears' or 'the popples' They were all good guesses but still wrong. Here is the link of the only clip I can find regarding our childhood cartoon http://youtu.be/9ZQYXeTtilc

Jun 19, 2012, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by megahoe View Post
    I too have grown up with this movie. I kept typing 'pillow land cartoon' also 'still frame cartoons' to find it. I remember the pillow land, the berries, the tree with the hole that led to the darkness and witch. People kept telling me it was 'care bears' because I described kids being able to go their world (much like care bears) some also thought I meant 'gummie bears' or 'the popples' They were all good guesses but still wrong. here is the link of the only clip I can find reguarding our childhood cartoon http://youtu.be/9ZQYXeTtilc
    I found it on Amazon awhile ago thanks to Purukivel. Here's a link for you if you are looking for it http://www.amazon.com/Meet-Hugga-Bunch-Huggins-Grandma/dp/B0009TMU9G/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very Very Vague Description of 80's Children Movie... Need movie title [ 8 Answers ]

Ok there's probably no hope here but I'll try anyway... There is a movie I watched when I was very young and would like to get a hold of it. It was in the mid 80's when I watched it but the movie could have been made in the 70's sometime. Pretty much the only part I can remember is these...

Can't remember movie Title! Children's Animated movie [ 2 Answers ]

All I can remember from this movie is that it was animated and there was a blimp and a parade and something evil sort of like a mysterious cloud I want to say was after the girl (main character) it's not Kiki's Delivery Service (cause that has a blimp 2) but I just can't remember!! Please Help! I'm...

Giuliani: "You're all a bunch of morons." [ 60 Answers ]

YouTube - Rudy Giuliani's Corruption Town hall Meeting Larry Hanley, President of ATU Local 726 (a bus company), tries to ask then Mayor Rudy Giuliani about an inside deal to grant bus routes to connected private bus companies that contributed to his Rudy's campaigns. Then Rudy goes from...

Hugga Bunch Kids movie need answers! [ 4 Answers ]

When I was little I saw an animated version of the Hugga Bunch Kids movie and I loved it. I've tried looking everywhere for that version of the movie but I can't seem to find anything about it anywhere. I know there was an animated version, but it's like it never existed. If anyone has any...

View more questions Search