Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maggiB Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 11:39 PM
    Taking money from 401k TO BUY REALESTATE
    I have an option to purchase a small commercial building at a price below appraisal. This property will require 100 K to rehab and make like new... I can rent it at 14 per square foot at triple net... This will create a cash flow of about 1600 per month.

I would need to take the money out of the 401k and pay taxes but not penalty.

I would have approx 102K left in the 401k AFTER this deqal is done...

Is a return of 1600 per month of passive income worth the 100k I WOULD TAKE FROM THE 401k ?>
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 2, 2007, 09:23 AM
    What is your rate of return ( interest) on your 401K, first you are having to take out 130K to get 100 to spend ( your taxes)

Also if this deal is that good, you should walk into any bank in the US even with medium credt and get a loan for ths.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Banks taking money out of your account [ 3 Answers ]

Can a bank take money out of your bank account to pay your credit card with out your permission

Bank taking money from b. Account [ 3 Answers ]

We were recently brought to the attention of a 11 year old debt through our bank.They could give us no hard proof of this debt being ours. The simple fact is we did borrow money from them and is was not that much. Our files were stolen and we received a paper stating that our debt had been forgiven...

Slump in Realestate Market how to negoiate a realestate deal on new house [ 4 Answers ]

Want to purchase a new house which has constructed already which is a year old never Bought by anyone, A realestate is listing the house, however since the realestate market Is in a slump. Want to know the best way to negoiate a good price without paying the fulling asking price for it which...

Taking money out of my 401k [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question hopefully you can help. I worked for United Parcel Service for about 4 years. I no longer work for them anymore. How do you think I can go about getting my money out of there 401k. I know about penalties and risks. But do you think I can be intitled to getting that money that I've...

View more questions Search