Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RamblinHobo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Roof Flashing Valley to Peak
    When I am using W shaped valley flashing and my two valleys meet at the peak of the roof, how do I flash the top so as not to get a leak there?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2007, 06:12 PM
    It is a proper cutting and fitting precess, kind of hard to explain online.

One side needs to fit the other side,overlapping by, lets say, 1-1 1/2 inches, this also includes the w section, overlap any connection by at least 1 inch.

If the ridgecap is going to cover the valley top, cement the ridge heavily and run the cap over top, remembering to nail closer to the center on the caps which sit over the valley metal.

Ken

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I convert this shed roof to a gable roof? [ 5 Answers ]

I want to extend this porch out another 8 feet and convert the current shed roof to a gable roof. Is there a framing genius lurking here who can tell me how to make it happen? The conceptual image gives an idea of what I'm trying to accomplish with the porch. See attachments. Michael

For women that are at their sexual peak [ 5 Answers ]

This Question Is For Women That Are At Their Sexual Peak. I Am Just Curious To What Happens When You Go Through Your Sexual Peak. Does The Sex Feel Better? Are You Always Hot? When You Climax Is It Srtronger? I Would Really Appreciate Some Input.

Metal Roof Valley Flashing [ 3 Answers ]

I am going to reroof over shingles with metal on a house that has 4 valleys. What is the best way to Flash the valleys and end the metal panels at the valleys. How far should the flashing extend under the panels? Should I use modified roofing under the metal in the valleys. How should I attach the...

Peak height of roof [ 3 Answers ]

I want to make a roof for my shed that can use 4x8 sheets without cutting... the depth of the shed is 12 feet and if I lay the 4x8 sheets down flat the width of the sheets would be 16 feet deep,but that's toooooo flat and 2 feet of overhang on the front and back is too much(lol).. looking for a...

Down in the valley [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows who sung down in the valley in the film Stir Crasy thanks

View more questions Search