Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhenry2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 05:46 PM
    Concrete block fence
    I currently have a 4 and a half feet concrete block retaining wall that was unfinished when we moved in to our home. I would like to know if adding another three levels of concrete blocks is a DIY project or it this would need to to be done by professionals.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 08:23 AM

What's your skill level? Mason here asking. Can walk you through if your skill level is GOOD.

Signed 21 Boat

If I Helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer
    rhenry2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2009, 04:15 PM
    I have no skill level. I have never tried building anything before.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2009, 04:40 PM

Hear one way of looking at it. Since the wall is unfinished it doesn't really matter how smeary the wall gets you could try it.

If that's going south then stop and call a mason and at least the block is there.

What is the finial thoughts on the finish of the wall?/
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 13, 2009, 05:03 PM

Retaining walls over a certain height generally require an engineer and a permit. I think you old wall is already over this height.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to build a concrete block fence? For Dummies [ 5 Answers ]

I want to know, from the most basic, how to build a concrete block fence? And how to use a tool, forget what it is called, it hangs on a string and is weighted at the bottom? :confused:

Building block fence [ 1 Answers ]

How to make block fencing

Difference between concrete block and cinder block [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between concrete block and cinder block when used in a home's foundation? What makes cinder block less desirable?

Stains on cinder block fence [ 3 Answers ]

I have a cinder block fence and on the outside wall which fall on the street there are stains most likely from water/rain sipping from the yard. I have a desert landscape and just couple bushes, watering is done by the drip system 3 times a week, when the water dripping system start the ground...

Leaning Block Fence [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for advice on how to straighten a leaning block fence. The problem looks something like this (sorry for the poor graphic): ----------| | -----------| | Fence leaning to left, away from yard -----------| | ------------| | ------------| | -------------| | -------------| ...

View more questions Search