Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dhensley Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

May 3, 2008, 05:43 PM
    How to put fence in concrete floor?
    My pool is surrounded by a concrete floor and concrete retaining wall at one corner. The wall is about 18 feet from the ground at its highest measurement. So... I'm trying to figure out how to put a fence along this corner that will be sturdy enough to keep my kids from falling over the wall. Do I need to drill holes in the concrete ground and put brackets and then place the fence there? I don't have a clue. But it will have to be sturdy enough that if they ran along it I wouldn't have to worry that they would push it over and go over the wall. It also has to be tall enough so that they can't get across it. I have chain link fence around the pool where the wall stops and goes around to the rest of the pool and house. Basically... it is a 90 degree angle, about 6 feet length to the corner and extends about 10 feet out. I've checked with a fence company and their quote was more than I could afford. So I'm going to have to do it myself. And need to hurry before school is out and the neighborhood kids are out and about.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 3, 2008, 08:20 PM
    I think you would have to rent a core drill. e.g.
    Tools Direct

Also take a look at: Pool Fence, Pool Fence Panels

Looks like their brackets mount flush by drilling 2 holes. I'd recommend anchors that are studs rather than bolts. They are much stronger. The more you tighten, the tighter they get. Once in place you can either cut the studs off flush or use acorn nuts. The fence is anti-climb too.

I found some stainless steel acorn nuts: acrorn nuts stainless steel - Google Product Search

A stainless nut and an acron nut would not look too bad.

I guess putting up a chain link fence is a bad idea because you can climb it. I'd also check codes in your area for fence requirements.

Note they claim a do it your selfer can do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Erecting a wood fence on concrete [ 13 Answers ]

I have a chain link fence that is on a concrete retaining wall between my property and neighbour's property. It is about 3'-4' in height and I was originally thinking about attaching a wooden fence to the existing fence posts. The fence I would need to build would be 5'-6' in height and I think...

Erecting a metal pole fence in concrete [ 2 Answers ]

I have a swimming pool in my backyard and my nephews are in town and staying by me. I live in Florida and would like to erect a fence around it. I have got a quote that was $1000. I am very handy and need some tips on how to place metal poles sticking above ground about 5 feet. Connected to the...

Converting a tile floor to a stained concrete floor [ 2 Answers ]

I am thinking about taking up the tile in my kitchen and staining the concrete underneath it, but I don't know if it will be possible to get up all the stains left on the concrete from the tile. I do not want to take up the tile if there is too much of a possibility that the tile stains won't come...

Wood fence mounted on concrete wall [ 4 Answers ]

Howdy all. I want to put up a wood fence, mounted on top of an existing poured concrete wall that's about 2' tall. My question is about how to connect the wooden posts to the concrete securely. I was thinking of drilling into the concrete, setting maybe 3/4" threaded bolts (using bolt-setting...

Raising a floor drain in concrete floor [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old concrete floor with a newer pvc type drain. The floor slopes about 1.5" over 2' around the drain so I would like to raise the drain in order to level the floor to install ceramic tiles. I'm still going to ensure the floor slopes toward the drain just enough. I figure I need to...

View more questions Search