Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shane0535 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2011, 02:39 PM
    My 2001 nissan frontiers battery won't stay charged
    Every where I went including nissan dealer told me it was the alternator but I replaced it three times now and still the same problem
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2011, 05:08 PM

These links may offer several ideas:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1973613

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post241804
    Techsam Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 09:48 PM
    Look for a voltage drop across the negative battery termainal and battery post now if the voltage drop is any thing more then .01 then that means its bad. If the V drop is big then remove one fuse at a time and watching the multimeter so see where it goes to 0 and when it does see the fuse cover and that will tell you what circuit is shorted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New battery and car still won't start battery discharges itself overnight [ 7 Answers ]

Replaced battery as car would not start. New battery discharges itself overnight and car still won't start. Car has been in Workshop for 3 days and they say battery is perfect. They have charged it and say all aspects of battery are good. Car will still not start and they don't know why. Has...

I got a 2006 nissan altima that won't start and its not the battery [ 2 Answers ]

I got 2006 nissan altima se-r that won't start its not the battery because I check that already

2001 check engine light won't stay off [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! My check engine light came on and I had the catalytic converter replaced and the O2 sensors as well. I am not sure if they replaced 3 or 2 but will verify. The light still comes on and the code is still the same, catalytic converter. What can I do?

Battery won't stay charged on my riding lawn mower. The engin is a briggs 14.5 ohv [ 1 Answers ]

My battery won't stay charged on my rider. The engin is a briggs & stratton 14.5 ohv model #287707. The cabels look to be in good shape.

View more questions Search