Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    locodad56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 02:20 PM
    No fuel to 1989 f150 302 dual tanks
    Fuel pump relay seems to work, but only getting 6 volts to the fuel pump. Where do I begin to troubleshoot this problem. Thanks.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 07:47 PM

Trace from where you find the 6 volts back through the tank selector switch and then relay until you find the 12 volts that you need.
    Somewhere along the way, you'll find a poor connection, either on the power side or the ground side. Both power and ground circuits need to be clean and free from corrosion to deliver the needed power to run the pump(s).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 Ford F150 Flareside - Dual Gas Tanks [ 2 Answers ]

I really can't figure this out and need help on this. I have dual gas tanks and what started happening is something I can't figure out. If I fill both tanks that truck will run fine, no problems. What is happening is when I am running on the rear tank it still runs but it is transferring the gas to...

92 Ford F150 something wrong with Fuel System and won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 92 Ford F150 and there is something wrong with the Fuel System and it will not start can some one give me a run down on what to check first maybe a list of things in order of cheapest things to replace first. Perhaps there are some ways to test different things in order to diagnose what...

Dual hot water tanks [ 12 Answers ]

One of my customers has a problem which has me baffled. He has two gas fired, 40 gallon hot water tanks, connected in series (6 years old). They are turned up just one 'click' from the highest setting. Normally when a tank is turned up this high the water is boiling hot, but in this case it was...

Well Service - Dual Pressure Tanks [ 18 Answers ]

Hi Guys! My wife and I recently moved into our first house, (yay) it's been a lot of work but getting there. The house has a well, jet pump and two pressure tanks. The one pressure tank is a fairly large (40gal) and pretty new. THe other one looks to be about 20 years old, and is pretty...

Do home Heating Fuel tanks have a 'reserve' [ 1 Answers ]

Hi-I live in a three family house that has three fuel tanks in the basement. The homeowners have only had the house for a year and don't speak much English. The other tenant and I can't get a straight answer about which tank belongs to which apartment. The one I am told is the other tenants has...

View more questions Search