Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1n3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2012, 06:11 PM
    Alimony... 2 part question
    Part one... during the divorce my ex opted not to have his own attorney and just take advise and ask questions of mine. My ex and I both recall my attorney stating that the amount of spousal support would increase from $241 while paying child support to $ 1045 when child support ends at the graduation of our triplets, as they where still in High School at age 18. However, this was not inluded in the final divorce papers. The ex did recall the conversation but did not remember the exact amount, I showed him in the noted from the attorney and he agreed to pay it. He paid the $1045 for approx 11 months. Then he lost his job and is now paying $0.00.

That is my second part... When on Unemployment does your spousal obligations stop. He has told me that according to a famil court attorney that while on unemployment he does not have to pay alimony. Is this correct, or do I need to go back to court and force him to pay?

Thank you all in advance for your help!

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant plus 90 furnace, second part to question #1 [ 0 Answers ]

Everything works good and the LED light is solid, but as soon as it tries to ignite for the first time code 34 pops up, lights up for 2-3 seconds and then flame goes out and goes through the cycles and then shuts off. Ive check the condensation tubes and all are clear of any obstruction. I did some...

This is a multi part question. [ 5 Answers ]

I am 40 years old, I got married to my wife at the age of 20. We dated since I was too young to drive. I never really had any girlfriends prior to her, dated a few but nothing I would consider serious. We were each others "first." Somewhere around the age of 25, we both mutually agreed to see...

After 2 years can husband get alimony or emotional alimony? [ 2 Answers ]

From day one I supported my husband who was a personal trainer with his ex. He lost clients because they went to his ex. We moved to San Diego and I continued to support up to 3 months ago (he moved out.. after getting two jobs) NEVER gave me a scent unless I begged :{... He states that he...

Two part tenant question seeking answers! [ 2 Answers ]

I apologize beforehand for the novel but the details are pertinent. Presently, I am using my home of six years for shelter for my 3 children and I. Our time here is extremely limited as our landlord lost the house in foreclosure. I have been to court for unlawful detainer and lost to the mortgage...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.