Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adilariaz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2011, 07:23 PM
    Divorce and a second marriage
    Asalamualaykum
    I am a pakistani muslim girl 22 years of age. I was forced to marry a first cousin from pakistan, we were married 3 years and I tried my best to make the marriage work for the sake of my parents. However it never worked out between us and we never had a sexual relationship as I never though of him as a life partner. I have left my home because I was being threatened by my parents if I do not have a baby with him they will kill me. My husband understands the situation and has given me verbal divorce 3 times. But their was no other witnesses present as he is also scared of my father. Is this considered divorce in islam? If I want to marry again in the future will I be able to have a nikkah with this verbal divorce? And also will I need my parents permission for a second marriage? And is it compulsory for me to have a wali? Please reply
    Jazakallah
    AJ_Hunsucker Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2011, 09:36 AM
    Well first of all if your husband admits that he has divorced you, definitely you are divorced. Otherwise, you are divorced by sharia law but not in the eyes of paki law. If he can't confess he has divorced you, you have to go to court for khula. If you are over 18, you don't need any permission from your parents. Even a walli is not necessary after 18 years of age. All you need is to go to court. They will send you to "dar ul Aman". You have to fight your case from Dar ul Aman. Do you know what to do once you don't have any economic support from anyone?? Many lawyers and NGOs will fight your case free but what after you have won the case?? The only destination would be dar ul aman and definitely that is not a place to lead your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marriage after Divorce [ 3 Answers ]

Can I get married one day after divorce?

Marriage or divorce? [ 31 Answers ]

Just a little poll... When and why would divorce be OK with you? Easy way out or work through it? How much work is enough? I keep reading about so many people wanting to divorce. My parents were, my friends parents were. Isn't it high time we change the mood and set better examples for our...

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

View more questions Search