Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    13months Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Separated and possibly regreting it
    A co-worker / friend told me about this site and I'm kind of feeling of options at this point so here I go. I am 25 years old and I have two children of my own. I was married when I was 18 and divirced 2 years later (no children ouyt of that marriage). I remarried 2 years after that divorce. He had 2 boys 6 and 2 and they moved in with us and I took care of them. We decided a year after we got together that we wanted a child of our own so we started trying to get pregnant. We succeeded and had a girl. I was so so happy with life. That was July 24th well, nov 17th the same year we found out we were pregnant again... not so excited that time but I have a beautiful son now. Dec 20th we finally decied to get married. I thought everything was OK until 2 weeks after we were married I got child support papers in the mail for my husband. To make a long story short he had cheated on me and had a son that was 5 days older then my daughter (the first child that we were TRYING to have together) sorry, still a little angry about that. After a lot of crap we decide to work things out, went to counseling, moved out of state etc. It was hard and miserable for me. I felt like my marriage was a lie. That I was tricked into it and now I had two kids and was in love with his 2. Well, things were OK for about 4 months. I mean to say he was really trying for about 2 months. But I made him "pay for it" everyday in one way or another. Whether I was just in a bad mood cry for no reason or bring it up again and again. Not to mention the affect it had on our sex life. Well, slowly he got tired of it I'm sure and he stopped trying. He never wanted to be home. He would walk in from work change his shoes and go back outside to work on the truck or ride the 4 wheeler or he would go to the firestation that we vol. at. I felt alone all over again. So after months of this and a lot of thought I decided to leave. We split up for 2 mo and tried to work things out again which lasted for 2 weeks. Then he saw that I was text messaging his co-worker ( aguy) got jealous without talking to me about it got out of the car threw money at me and said get your own f*in apartment. (We were out looking for a place to move into and we were moving out of our place in two weeks.) So of course I followed him walking down the road trying to get him to get back in the car and he wouldn't and finally when I turned around the 5th time to go back and try to get him he was gone. I moved everything out of our house into a storage unit by myself. I found an apt with our 2 kids by myself. Then he wanted to work things out. At that point I wasn't willing to anymore. I was so angry and so hurt and I had to do all that on my own why turn back all the hard stuff was done. Oh, and I was texting his co worked about my husband because he wasn't talking to me I though the other guy would have some info and we were also friends. Which my ex realized and apologized for now. Anyway, I have been living on my own with my kids for 6 mo now. I dated one guy for a couple months and that didn't work out although were still friends. Then I started dating another guy who has been PERFECT. He is so magnificent in everyway and treats me better than any guy I have ever seen treat any woman. BUT... he is in iraq as a contracted medic until Dec. So the problem here is that in the past mo. Things with Corey (the new BF) have been getting more and more serious. However, I have been missing my family. I don't know why because until now I didn't miss the ex at all. He has been terrible since we split hasn't help financially and disappeared for 2 mo not seeing the kids at all even though he was in town and only live 15 minaway. He also lost his job and didn't get another one for a month and a half... while losing his apt in the process. I told Corey that we needed to take a break I need to get my head clear. I don't think its fair that he's madly in love with me and I am thinking about how I miss my family. What exactly I miss about it I am not so sure either. Maybe I'm just scared who knows. But I don't really know where to go from here and don't want to lose what could be the best guy I have ever known. I have also just set up an apt for counseling we'll see how that goes. PLEASE HELP...

Jessica
    adamupp48 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 01:12 PM
    There is no right answer in divorce, there is no perfect ending and great beginning... You have choices now and you are probably like plenty of others including my ex wife just very confused its normal to be after you thought you knew your life... Its what you do with your new life that matters you can't change the past its what you do with your future that matters. It would be easy to think you can go back but the feelings, insecurities, the lies, the disbelief will always be there.. That in itself is a battle that most cannot live with but you can only live and learn good luck
    beautifullily Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Sep 19, 2008, 01:29 AM
    I am not trying to be come off rude, but you both need to grow up. You both have two children and are acting like children based off your emotions. It was wrong for him to do whatever he did with another woman, he should not put someone through all that if he was just going to go with another woman. Is there a reason he went off? I think it is a good idea to separate, for now. Focus on you and your children. This is not a good way to be raising children. Show your children that you love them. If you really loves you and his children he would stop his selfish ways. If not, there may be another reason for him straying away. Again, trying not to come off as rude. Good luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 19, 2008, 06:22 AM
    Am I wrong, but it seems your whole life is about some guy loving you, and maybe its time to cut the chord, and stand on your own two feet, and learn about yourself, and who you are.

I think some time by yourself, will let you move in a direction you want, and clear a lot of confusion in your life.

Not to be rude or harsh, but it certainly seems like you move from guy, to guy, at the first sign of trouble, and that will never solve anything, but will make it worse.

Do yourself a big favor, and learn to love yourself right now.
    beautifullily Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Sep 19, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Am I wrong, but it seems your whole life is about some guy loving you, and maybe its time to cut the chord, and stand on your own two feet, and learn about yourself, and who you are.

I think some time by yourself, will let you move in a direction you want, and clear a lot of confusion in your life.

Not to be rude or harsh, but it certainly seems like you move from guy, to guy, at the first sign of trouble, and that will never solve anything, but will make it worse.

Do yourself a big favor, and learn to love yourself right now.

I agree completely

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Possibly pregnant.possibly [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 22 year old male from puerto rico. These recent months have been horrible in my life and my mental stability has been a huge roller coaster ride that now appears to be at the highest peak before the steepest fall. I recently got back together with the love of my life, a beautiful woman who I...

Dating while separated. [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know the laws about how long you have to be separated before you are free to date other people or even if you can date other people when you're separated? Do you have to be legally separated to be labeled separated?

Regreting Aborion? [ 14 Answers ]

Is it true that after you have an abortion, some women suffer from severe emotional problems? Is there anyone who regrets a past abortion?

Separated 5 years [ 2 Answers ]

I have been living separate from my husband for just about five years. I live in Ohio. He does not want to divorce me. Can I be requested a divorce based on the fact that we have been apart for so long?:confused:

Possibly infertile but possibly pregnant! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi the thing is I have been told that I might not be able to have children! But now I have had unprtected sex for 2 months now I isn't missed ma period yet but my boobs really hurt that much I can't take my bra off plus they are darker round my nipple and I keep getting light twinges of cramp...

View more questions Search