Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffsad19671967 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Leaf blower, vacuum and mulcher
    I need a new leaf blower, vacuum and mulcher. I would prefer a gas as apposed to a electric. The thing I am really looking for is one that will pick up pine cones and mulch them as they are falling off the trees all spring summer and fall (mostly spring). Is there any machine that is capable of doing this within a normal budget .
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2008, 08:47 PM
    I was faced with a similar problem. I have lots of Oak leaves and some very large leaves to pick up. I was advised to get a lawn vacuum, but I purchased an Echo handheld blower/vac. I used it for about 2 years and kept blowing them up. Echo offered to replace it with a less powerful model or refund my money. Turns out that the leaves pulverize and the resulting dust is able to clog the cooling fins, such that the engine overheats and the piston gets stuck.

I purchased a Stihl (SH 85)? And haven't regretted it, although it could be designed better in certain areas.

Pine needles are going to be tough. Pine cones even tougher. You are probably in lawn vac territory, but you'll need a separate leaf blower.

Here, Stihl is highly recommended.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2008, 01:52 PM
    DR® Power Equipment - DRĀ® Leaf and Lawn Vacuum informational video has some walk behind models that specifically mention that it will do pine cones and needles. Pricey.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ran leaf blower without oil [ 13 Answers ]

My darling wife ran a Craftsman leaf blower with straight gas - no oil mixed in. It ran about 10 minutes then stopped. The starter cord will not pull. I took it apart and can see what is stopping the cord - 2 spring loaded arms are hitting a round, grooved plastic piece in such a way that it stops...

Leaf blower will not start [ 10 Answers ]

How do I get a 2 year old Craftsman leaf blower to start?

Gas Leaf Blower [ 5 Answers ]

I have a McCulloch 32cc Gas Blower.When I put the choke on it starts and then when I put it on run it dies out.

Leaf Blower [ 2 Answers ]

I have a leaf blower and I think I ran it with too little oil and now the cord will not pull through to start the machine. Is there anything I can do to fix that?

Craftsman leaf blower [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old craftsman leaf blower and it gets hot fast what could cause this.

View more questions Search