Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brigitte Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Put Masonry over old concrete
    Is it possible to put nice stonework (masonry) over old ugly concrete stairs instead ripping out the stairs? Maybe even match it up with the patio?
    scri8e Posts: 92, Reputation: 7

Mar 13, 2007, 03:54 PM
    I'm not a expert on masonary. IMO yes it is possible. The under lying concrete would need to be a level flat surface with a pitch for run off. I would research it.

My "Guess" and that is all it is. Is you would screw down a wire mess on top of the concrete. Then apply a layer of cement and place your stones on top of that. Float out the cement so the spaces between the stones are filled in.

After it drys a sealer would probably be best.

Lets see what the masonary pros have to say.

scri8e Posts: 92, Reputation: 7

Mar 13, 2007, 03:57 PM
    Typo Police!
    Mesh not mess.
    Guess it depends on your ability!
    LOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IF I put them out.where will they go? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 26 year old son still at home and his 4 year old daughter. Got into trouble with the law, did some time, doing okay, keeping a job, attending home church, helping with daughter as much as he can. The deal was to stay until he can get on his feet. How long does it take for him to get on...

WHere to Put this? [ 2 Answers ]

I guess I have really been going through hard times. My family is not one of the wealthiest. My mom is a single parent making it hard on both my brother and me. Anything I want I have to work for. The only thing free is food and are crapy apartment. My mom comes home and yells at me for any reason...

Masonry [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone told me what kind of masonary I should use for the outside of my foundation. And the inside foundation

Where to put the drain? [ 5 Answers ]

I have taken out a bathtub and am putting in a tile shower. To put the drain in the middle of the shower I need to extend the pipe out laterally about 20". I am afraid that doing that will cause backup or clogging. Is there really any problem with keeping the drain towards one end of the shower?

View more questions Search