Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmccue Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Need to know how to Replace a termite damaged beam in basement.
    Need to know how to remove a damaged termite damaged beam in basement wall stud.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jun 10, 2007, 07:05 AM
    If it is just a wall stud then i wouldn't worry about any load as much there, send me a pic or post it on here and ill take a look to make sure its ok to do.
    [email protected]
    dmccue Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 07:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by glavine
    IF IT IS JUST A WALL STUD THEN I WOULDNT WORRY ABOUT ANY LOAD AS MUCH THERE, SEND ME A PIC OR POST IT ON HERE AND ILL TAKE A LOOK TO MAKE SURE ITS OK TO DO.
    [email protected]

Thank-you Glavine, jusst spent an hour and knock the damaged beam out before the damage went up to th efloor joists. Realized it was not a load bearing wall and just banged it out. Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I or H beam size [ 9 Answers ]

I am wishing to make a deer pole, It will be on my barn and it will need to support approx. 500-750 pounds.The deer are large here! No but the overkill is for safety and a trolley type of lift I will be attaching to this beam.This beam will be cantilevered from the end wall a full 8 foot.My truss...

Replace single wooden basement door that has a well [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 70 yr old house. The basement door is in a cement well with a wooden structure above ground on which the door sits. The whole wooden structure is rotting away. What is the best way to replace the surround above the cement, and the door. No one manufactures a single basement door. I...

Termite Question [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I have termites in a piece of wood in my garage. I see the mud tube coming up from the edge of the foundation and entering into a stud. The wood seems solid and I'm thinking of removing and replacing it, but what about the ones I don't get when I cut it out? Anyone had any experience with these...

Who pays for termite exterminator in condo? [ 1 Answers ]

I live on the top floor of a 36-unit condo and recently discovered the droppings of drywood termites that had been pushed out of a small hole at the top of the wall in my bedroom. This is in the corner next to the wall that is facing the street, with an exterior building overhang a few feet out...

View more questions Search