Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smarshmallow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 07:53 PM
    Abandonment in TX
    What amount of time is abandonment in tx?
    kinghornet Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 09:16 AM
    I believe it is at least one year, with the intent to abandon.
    Smoked Posts: 157, Reputation: 29

Aug 21, 2008, 09:29 AM
    ABANDONMENT. The court may grant a divorce in favor of one spouse if the other spouse: (1) left the complaining spouse with the intention of abandonment; and (2) remained away for at least one year.
    BetrayalBtCamp Posts: 307, Reputation: 63

Aug 24, 2008, 12:00 PM
    Is there a special reason you want the abandonment ground to be used at all?

Texas has no fault divorve & the amt of time from the time of the divorce is filed to when the final decree can be issed is very short. So unless there is a lot of disputes especially with kids and/or a lot of property involved, the only ground you need legally is "I want out". Proving one of the other grounds may affect the property division however, an atty would be able to answer your questions best & many do give free consultations.

This site has a lot of divorce info specific to each state, here's the TX link:

DivorceNet - Texas Divorce
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 24, 2008, 01:31 PM
    yes, with the exception of just leaving the child at walmart and driving away, which is from the first minute you do it, the other has little value in TX unless you want to use it to get more money during divorce, or give them less visiation during custody agreements.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is abandonment? [ 2 Answers ]

I have two daughters that live w/ their mother in Indiana and I have not been able to help in money matters for a while . I have helped with clothing and other things I just haven't handed their mother money in any way in a long time.I moved to another state to get a better job so that I could help...

Abandonment [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Texas been living hear for 7 months my ex lives in Arizona I've had my kids for 2 years and she has not seen them in 2 years since I have been gone she has had one abortion and now she is giving a baby up for adoption I need to know if this fuls under abandonment in the state of Texas

Abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

My ex have not seen my (our son) since he was born, he's two now. Would this be consider abandonment? How long until it is considered abandonment. We live in California. Thank you for your time and answer.

Is this abandonment? [ 2 Answers ]

HI I have 4 children ages 8, 4, 3, 1 my 8 and 4 year old are from a previous relationship I left my ex when my 4 year old was 3 months old. And my boyfriend is the only father the 4 year old knows. The first year my ex and I separated he stuck to our agreement that he would take his kids every...

Abandonment [ 1 Answers ]

My ex-husband is taking me to court for abandonment,how can he do that if I never left for more than 2 weeks at a time.and also in 1997 I have court papers from when he would up and leave me and my children for no reason and that's not abandonment.the only reason I left before was he would always...

View more questions Search