Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reetcamalioni Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2013, 11:22 PM
    My parents are getting divorced! What should I do?
    Hello, my name is Reet I'm 14 years old. My parents are getting divorced because they don't love each other anymore, and they just fight all day because of bull! I am tired of all this. I don't know with who I should talk to, that's why I am here writing this.

The thing is that they are getting divorced and my dad is cheating on my mom with a woman that I actually don't know. I don't know what I should do. I am so worried and no one in my family knows that my dad is cheating on my mom. Maybe you will ask yourself... how do you know your father is cheating on your mother? Well I saw all those messages, I heard the phone calls of my dad talking to this woman saying "I love you" and stuff like that.

I feel bad and sometimes I want to kill myself. I don't know what should I do. I need advice as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 5, 2013, 11:34 PM
    First of all, you shouldn't kill yourself. Your parents may be getting a divorce, but that is not the end of the world. Many teens your age have parents who are divorced. You need to talk to a school counselor or a trusted teacher or adult. It may not be an easy time, but you will get through it. Make sure you do your best in school. Many people will be able to help you through this. Hang in there :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 6, 2013, 04:50 AM
    You do not do anything. You just go leave with the parent who gets custody ( most likely mom) and dad will visit you.

And life goes on, just like millions of others
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 6, 2013, 05:28 AM
    I don't know for sure about your parents, but many couples get married too soon and eventually realize they didn't love each other. This is nothing to do with you. They probably stayed together longer than they should have because of you.

There is nothing you can or should do. Just try to be supportive and not get in the way.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 6, 2013, 11:28 AM
    Relax guy and stay calm and let the adults handle their business. You do nothing but find a trusted adult to talk to, be it a school teacher, counselor, or a trusted adult. The trick is to get through this and make adjustment for what they do about their problems.

Millions of kids are faced with this same problem. You can ask questions and get feedback from other kids here

Children Of Divorced Parents Support Group - DailyStrength

Or please return here with your feelings and concerns. Many of us have been through this. I will add that being able talking to your parents so they know how you feel is important. Can you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are my parents getting a divorce? [ 2 Answers ]

Sometimes my parents are not talking to each other, and sometimes they're just fine. But the other night comes into my room and tells me that she loves which is really strange because she never does that and I asked her like why she's acting like that and her answer was that she might not be...

How can I divorce my parents [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to divorce my parents as I no longer want to be part of there lives or them to be part of mine

My parents divorce [ 13 Answers ]

I am 16. I want to live with my dad that's where my school and friends are. He hasn't promised me anything inappropriate. The judge granted my mom custody. Can my mom ask the judge to let me live with my dad even though she got custody? Or can I go live with him regardless of what the judge said?

I think my parents are having a divorce [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is Olivia sorry if I miss spell words. My parents are fight every night and at night my mom sleeps on the couch and my dad sleeps on the bed. They been fighting about that my dad always promises but never keeps them, and always says sorry. Last night we bought flowers, and in the...

My parents are getting a divorce, what do I do? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, so my name is Tate(15 year old male) and my parents are getting a divorce. There are four people in my family, my dad(Chris), my mom(Lori), my brother(McKay) and me. When I was younger my parents got along great. My brother and I are pretty could kids, we get good grades and don't do anything...

View more questions Search