Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amanda000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2011, 01:15 PM
    Compulsive liar stealing?
    I've been married for 11yrs, and my husband is a compulsive liar. At the start I thought it was just to impress me, but he lies about every thing from where he bought a picture to where he lives even told someone he was wealthy and I was a solicitor, its getting worse by the day. He also steals from my purse, bank acount and our children's money boxes. He has a problem with drink and has no problem taking my car and drinks and drives, he gets to the post before I do and I can't remember the last tim I had a letter. I had the police at my door for a warrant in my name because my husband didn't pay a parking fine, I'm at my wits end and don't know what to do. He has got so much worse since he was made redundent and has been violent towards me and threatens me. Can some one please help is there any help out there for him or for me. We sleap in separate bedrooms and I just don't want to live like this anymore, and its not easy to leave when you have children and living away from your femily
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2011, 01:32 PM
    Lying and stealing I follow. Then you mention a problem with drink. Could you expand on that. Do you see the drinking as the basis for the other misdeeds?

I also don't understand "since he was made redundent."

Could you also state where you are situated, I'm assuming not in US. That will be a key to locating available help?

Sorry for all of the questions. Just need a little better understanding of the elements of the problem
    amanda000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2011, 01:44 PM
    Sorry I live in ireland. My husband has always lied but it has gotten worse with the drinking, he lost his job 4 years ago and since then his lies drinking and abusive behaviour has gotten worst. I'm sure he has mental health issues but he won't get help and I don't trust him anymore I don't know what he's cappable off. He is out of control. And its getting to the stage I'm frightend of him, I would not leave my children unatended with him, he has never harmed them but its like he's about to go crazy.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2011, 02:02 PM
    Excessive drinking certainly causes the appearance of mental health issues and could reasonably considered a mental health issue. The escalation of abuse and lying can probably be attributed, at least in part, to the same cause.

But it is far more important to deal directly with the emergent problems and leave cause to be determined later. So the immediate problems are:

1) His behavior is unpredictable and places you in fear of personal harm and possibly danger to your children. That's a terrible way to live.

2) His drinking at the least contributes to your concerns. Is therefore one of the problems.

3) Reading between the lines, would imagine that his lack employment, stealing your money, and reckless behavior (tickets, etc) poses a financial hardship as well.

Is there anything additional you feel is pressing?

Also, what type of work did your husband do and why is he unemployed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a compulsive liar and I DON'T want help... [ 6 Answers ]

This is insane but for past year, I've made up parts of my life just to get sympathy. I guess I felt bored with my life and wanted to spice it up. But, it kind of got out of hand. I lied about being physically abused by my.. well he's wasn't real either, although I am emotionally abused by a family...

Compulsive Liar [ 8 Answers ]

I am a compulsive liar. I can't stop lying. I lie to people I know online, they think I am some great person, but I'm not. I lie to family and I lie to friends. I don't know how to stop, but I really want to, because it's horrible and I feel terrible. I want to tell my mom I want help and I want...

Compulsive Liar [ 4 Answers ]

I have three childrend and recently moved in with a man who has three children to three different women (all the children live with him) and he has a step son who comes to stay whenever he feels like it. The step son seems well adjusted as does the eldest son - it is, however, a very disfunctional...

Compulsive liar [ 7 Answers ]

I work with a colleague who continues to make up stories. The stories are always distressing ones or ones that make u feel sorry for the individual. The individual tends to listen & take note of what is happening to other work colleagues, then coincidentally will be suffering with the matching...

View more questions Search