Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cromulock Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2009, 01:27 PM
    Used for Citizenship
    I met a women on a dating website from another country, we got to know each other, things were working out fine, we fell in love and got married. After we were married, things changed.. No more love, nor more interest, sex once an a while, each time, a child popped up.. So I have two children in a short time.. Now I'm stuck with a women, whom just stays home, does nothing, does not love me, but is happy to do nothing, and feels since we have kids, there is nothing I can do? Is that true?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Nov 21, 2009, 10:36 AM
    What did you expect when you didn't use protection, and she got pregnant- twice!

If I read you right, this is all about you. No love, no interest, not enough sex.

You have two children! She is probably exhausted taking care of them. And then she has you moping about not getting what you need!

Marriage isn't all about the fluffy stuff. Reality eventually sets in, there are hardships, joys, disappointments, arguments, differences of opinion, selfishness, all kinds of things. You cannot avoid the pitfalls of life once you marry and have children.

Why not try helping her out more, get a babysitter and take her out for a nice dinner. Wash a few loads of laundry, do some grocery shopping, take out the vacuum. Show her that you love her by what you do, not what you say.

If you keep distancing yourself from her and your children, you will only grow more and more resentful that you are not getting what you think you deserve. Try turning that around and work harder on your marriage, and raising your children, and think less of what you need, and more about stepping up and easing the burden on her.

I think, from what you have written so far, that you are unrealistically looking at this as a problem when solutions are staring you in the face.
    NorseThor Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Nov 21, 2009, 12:11 PM
    My advise to you is find something that you can do together as a family. Sex, love and interest should not stop because of children. This one of the most difficult changes in a marriage cause you are no longer the center of attention, so you feel neglected and unloved. Talk this over with your wife and see if you can compromise in some areas. Some couples put their children to bed earlier so they can have some alone time and some use baby sitters. Find something that works, cause marriages take two people to work.
    SVImager Posts: 82, Reputation: 5

Nov 21, 2009, 03:53 PM

HAHA!! Welcome to the World of Marriage...

I'm telling you... I think I've been scammed too... except for the fact my wife was already born in America.

I thought there would be a lot of forking and spooning... but it was just a compromise of my freedom and occupied space to game more girls.

I mean like, How can that little bundle of poop take up so much space.
    I don't have a Home Office anymore... baby room.
    My car is parked outside of a two car garage... yard toys.
    More than 75% of income is spent on the wife and 2 kids.
    My haircut is $8.
    My wife haircut is $ 100 (so she tells me). My kids are at least $45 each (for a cut of no more than a total of 1 inch off... it is part of a SCAM).. along with another set of shampoo & conditioners. We have like 12 different bottles of some kind of hair products in the shower. One bottle of Shampoo is mine.
    We have 3 full bathrooms in the house... my bathroom is the only one everybody wants to use... AT THE SAME TIME in the morning.

HAHA!! Boy are you in for it.
    You were thinking you were going to get it everyday... HAHA... me too.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 21, 2009, 05:57 PM

I don't see any difference in your marriage and about 1/2 of all of them.

So divorce her and move on if you are not happy
    SVImager Posts: 82, Reputation: 5

Dec 1, 2009, 12:18 AM
    I am just as dumb with a degree & without a degree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I gain citizenship in europe and renounce my citizenship in America [ 23 Answers ]

I have always wanted to move away from the U.S. but I want to do it permanently without the hassle of work visas and "checking in" every year or so. All the flights are very expensive as well. I was told by an acquaintance that I can even receive money for renouncing my citizenship! How do I go...

Citizenship [ 4 Answers ]

I am politic refuge with my family wife,and 2 kids,we apply for french nationality how many times it takes,also my mother and my sisters obtain the frnch nationality since long time,I aply for 8 month how many times I have to wait?is there is requirements to btain the nationality?I am cicvel...

Us citizenship [ 3 Answers ]

Hi!I'm 21 years old and I'm french! I came here with a visa for 1 year as a nanny.my year is almost over and I have to go back to france. But I'm getting married at the end of January! And even with the marriage it s seems hard for me to come back here! I need help with how to be a citizen, what I...

View more questions Search