Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevie29ca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2010, 06:38 PM
    I met a girl this summer
    We went out on some great dates and talked about how our relationship could work as we live an hour apart,so as we dated for about 6-7 weeks things were going great even though I thought it was going a bit fast I went with it, she would call or text me evey day in the morning and at night she would text me and say she missed me I was nice we met eachothers parents I felt like a kid again she's 36- I'm 39 like I said things were going great until a week before my birthday she started getting distant and when I asked her why shy said her ex husband was streesing her out to the max witch was the case from day one,and that now I was preasuring her too witch was hard for me to believe coming from a girl that would call and text me ten times a day, I tried talking to her again last week about it and she was just very corse and then hung up on me and I haven't heard from her since, am I waiting for something that's not there anymore as we only met this summer? Missing her
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Oct 21, 2010, 07:01 AM

She's got a lot of baggage, so you're going to need a lot of patience. Let her know, either through email or voicemail that you're willing to work things out, but after that, it will be up to her if she wants. You can't force her to do something that she won't do willingly.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2010, 10:00 AM

Wow - sounds like you really care about her. Problem is that she's just not ready for a serious relationship with anybody yet.

She's not a good lady for you in her current state of confusion, so back off and don't call or text her.
    VRon1 Posts: 77, Reputation: 10

Nov 3, 2010, 10:36 AM
    Sounds like she just got caught up in the romance over the summer, pure GREASE.
    I suggest time and patience. Show her that you care and want to help her to be happy but understand that baggage takes time. You know the whole check in, weighing, loading - storing, transporting, and unloading takes a lot of time and effort.
    It's a complicated dramatic woman thing where they bring old baggage along to see if you'll stick with her. Its unconsciously done for the most part and it does not make her a bad person or a needy person. So be understandable.
    Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I met a girl that I like, what should I do? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, sorry for the stupid title, it sound desperate, but I had to put something in, but I didn't know what. Yeah, whatever. Anyway, I went to this party on Friday and I met this girl and she was just so nice and we talked for like 4 hours and she seemed really interested because she laughed and...

Just met a beautiful girl [ 5 Answers ]

Last night I met a very cute girl, amazing personality and very pretty. We hit it off big time, at least I think we did. Both were completely sober, both were very responsive to touches, a whole lot of flirting. By the end of the night she even rested her head on my shoulders. I really just want to...

What to do with the girl I just met? [ 31 Answers ]

Hello. I have had some bad relationships in the past. I am a very honest guy, and I always treat the girl I care about very very well, and I always end up with a girl that treats me really bad, and I think it damages me a little bit. I haven't been completely happy with a girl for over a year now....

Met This Girl I Like [ 2 Answers ]

A few months ago I met this girl and we finally met up with each other and got on really well. The problem is I don't know how to tell her that I like her as more then a friend and trying to figure out if she thinks of me as more then just a friend. After I left her she text me seeing if I got home...

Met this girl... [ 3 Answers ]

I met this very cute girl and we both really enjoyed being in each other's company.now the thing is she gave me her e-mail address and requested that I mail her.my beef is because I was so interesting on the first day and want to date her, I do not know exactly what to write.I want to be as simple...

View more questions Search