Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Appliances (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Bissell Vacuum Cleaner (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=721201)

• Dec 6, 2012, 07:49 PM
    digerdo2
    Bissell Vacuum Cleaner
    My Bissell Vacuum Cleaner Model 3910 is very very loud. I took it completely apart and cleaned everything(it was very dirty inside). It is still very loud.
    Suction is very good. I have no idea how old this vacuum is.
    What can cause this to be so loud?
    Do you know where I can find a manual for it.

Thank You.
  • Dec 7, 2012, 04:53 PM
    drtom4444
    I would guess you need a set of bearings. They are easy to press out and change. I would get some sealed bearings this time. They will take a while to break in, but much quieter.
  • Dec 9, 2012, 05:31 PM
    digerdo2
    Thanks for getting back to. Me.
    Sorry but where are the bearings located.
    I don't have a manual for this vacuum.

Thanks... glenda
  • Dec 9, 2012, 07:26 PM
    drtom4444
    The bearings are located on each end of the motor shaft. That motor also has brushes, so you have to push them both in and push a thin wire in brush holder to keep them in when you put it back together. It's easy to so.
  • Dec 11, 2012, 12:35 AM
    digerdo2
    Ok again thanks for getting back to me. I will see if I can order the bearings. My first priority will be my washer as soon as the parts get here. Then the Bissell will be next. So I must tell you I won't have any answers for awhile. The dirty clothes are really piling up and I could use some clean clothes. But I will get to it and will post what happens. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

I am also working on my spring vegetable garden. The way things are breaking here it may take till the end of spring. I am trying to lay retaining wall blocks for my garden, it is lined with 1/2" rabbit wire to stop the crummy gophers. If I ever get it done it will be great. Then all I need to worry about is the rabbits and racoons getting stuff.

Thanks again Drtom4444

Glenda
  • Dec 11, 2012, 07:43 AM
    drtom4444
    You will have to take it apart and then pull the bearings and have them measured and order from a place like Bearings and Drives, Jacksonville, FL. If you can get new brushes you might want to replace them, too, while you have it apart as the brushes wear out.
  • Dec 13, 2012, 09:12 PM
    digerdo2
    Ok Thanks for getting back to me.

Any idea what kind of cost the bearings and brushes might be.
  • Dec 13, 2012, 11:07 PM
    digerdo2
    Quote:

Originally Posted by drtom4444 View Post
    You will have to take it apart and then pull the bearings and have them measured and order from a place like Bearings and Drives, Jacksonville, FL. If you can get new brushes you might want to replace them, too, while you have it apart as the brushes wear out.

I tried to find Bearings and Drives in Jacksonville, Fl but could not find it. I found this place in Florida: SAS Bearings.

How can I get the bearings and brushes from Bissell?

Glenda
  • Dec 14, 2012, 12:22 PM
    drtom4444
    B & D Industrial
    P.O. Box 4325
    Macon, Georgia 31208-4325 USA
    Phone:
    Fax: 478.746.7623
    Email: [email protected]
    You can also contact our divisions directly at the following numbers:
    Bearings and Drives
    Scale Systems
    B&D Service
    SIMCO Technologies 478.743.6711
  • Dec 14, 2012, 01:00 PM
    digerdo2
    Thank You for doing this. I appreciate all the help you have given me.

Don't forget. I have to fix my washer first then onto the vacuum.
    I don't know how long it will take but I will get back to you and let you know what has happened.

Again Thanks... glenda
  • Dec 14, 2012, 03:01 PM
    drtom4444
    Both of these machines have different type motors. The vacuum cleaner has a motor like a drill motor called a "push-pull" by many mechanics. The washing machine motor has a split-pole motor where they have a capacitor to make one phase lead the main winding by 1/2 phase. So on an oscilloscope you have a wave leading the regular phase by 1/2 phase, so "split-phase" is a good name. Split-phase motors have no brushes, either.
  • Dec 17, 2012, 02:34 PM
    digerdo2
    OK that answers that.

Thanks.