Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saivstech Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Dec 10, 2009, 12:25 PM
    LG LCD Monitor TV screen resolution issue
    hi,

I am using a desktop with the following configuration for the past 4yrs, without any complaints until recently I bought a new 23" LCD monitor TV.

Hardware:
    ------------
    Motherboard Model: GigaByte-GA-K8VM800M(Rev2.x)
    Motherboard Chipset: VIA K8M800/K8N800 CE +
    VT8237(R)
    Processor Name: AMD Athlon 64 2800+
    Video Chipset: VIA/S3 UniChrome Pro
    Video Card: VIA/S3 K8M800/K8N800 UniChrome
    Pro Graphics Adapter [Giga-Byte]
    RAM: 512MB DDR-SDRAM
    CRT Monitor (Old): Samsung 793S Syncmaster
    LCD Monitor (NEW): LG M237WA (Monitor + TV); 23"

I recently bought a LG LCD 23" monitor+TV, I made the connections and was viewing it, but I've noticed that the max screen resolution I'm able to see is 1280*1024, whereas the LG says I can view it in 1920*1080.

However, when I tried to change the Display Properties/Settings tab (attaching a screenshot of it, if useful):
    I tried searching in vain but was unsuccessful in locating the 1920*1080 resolution. And moreover the clarity of watching it in 1280*1024 is not impressive as I get to see the things in big fonts. I'm also getting headaches when I'm sitting on the PC because of larger screen and font sizes I guess, another reason I can attribute is probably because I was used to a smaller monitor.

So my question is there anything that I'm missing in the process of changing the settings? Do I need to download/update any drivers in this entire gamut?? Please enlighten me on the matter and help resolve it.

If there is anything else that you would like to know, please let me know I'd be more than happy to help.

Thanks.
    Attached Images

Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 10, 2009, 12:29 PM
    I would put the issue squarely with the onboard (S3) graphics adapter.
    Basically it's running at it's maximum resolution.

Time to invest in a proper graphics card, they aren't expensive for your requirements.
    saivstech Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Dec 10, 2009, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    I would put the issue squarely with the onboard (S3) graphics adapter.
    Basically it's running at it's maximum resolution.

Time to invest in a proper graphics card, they aren't expensive for your requirements.
    1. Since its an onboard graphic adapter, is it possible to replace an onboard graphic adapter (GA)?
    2. What other graphics card would be apt in my case ? Any suggestions as to which GA are applicable in my case?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor Resolution [ 1 Answers ]

My monitor won't change resolution. I can't drag the bar to change.

Resolution on Monitor doesn't change [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need some help. Today I performed a destructive recovery on my PC, after it was done I noticed the resolution went from the 1280x1024 it had before, to 800x600. I have an LCD 1280x1024 monitor and I really want to use the appropriate resolution for it because it appeals to me more, so I...

Monitor resolution [ 7 Answers ]

Hello! I have a monitor, (oldie) only works in 640x480, I need see a software in 800x600, how do I can solve this? (using the same monitor)? Some solution via software emulation? Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search