Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eltonfreel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2015, 06:06 AM
    New neighbors.
    Neighbors park in street making it highly difficult for me to get in and out of my driveway without hitting their car, esp. during ice and snow. Should I go to their house and talk with them nicely, or write a nice letter explaining my situation.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 27, 2015, 06:24 AM
    Are you new to the area or are they? Go to the town first, and ask what the laws are regarding overnight parking and how close to a driveway cutout cars can be. Get it in writing.
    I would go introduce myself, say welcome and all that, and then say politely but firmly that you need them to park further from your driveway.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2015, 07:28 PM
    Are they parked legally? How and why is it hard to get out of driveway?
    If they are new, why have you not already talked to them to become friends or welcome them to neighborhood. I am sorry, I guess old fashion, but I would visit a new neighbor within a week of them moving in, and welcome them.

But you talk to them, show them the issue, and ask if they can help with the problem.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 27, 2015, 09:22 PM
    Unless they are actually blocking your driveway, I fail to see a problem.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 28, 2015, 07:12 AM
    I also have to wonder how difficult this makes your parking and exiting so difficult. Unless your street is very narrow, it shouldn't be so difficult. But if they have room to not park so close to your driveway, then, by all means. Talk to them.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 28, 2015, 11:05 AM
    Oh I have lived in such places... old cities or old parts of cities. Narrow streets of duplexes and triple deckers with a driveway every 50'....

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neighbors from he! [ 3 Answers ]

My next door neighbors are two older females which one takes care of another and she has and has adopted a boy from her husbands mistress which did drugs with him during the pregnancy. This child is severely ADHD and have a mental disability. Now when we first moved here no one would play with this...

Neighbors? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a married couple with no children that lives above (I live a condo) me. I have lived here for 5 yrs. With my girlfriend. Three months after I moved in I hookup my stereo. After only 3 songs played he was knocking on my door to turn down my music. I didn't because first it wasn't loud and...

Disrespectful neighbors [ 7 Answers ]

MY husband,Myself and our 15yr.old Daughter have been living in our"HOME" for four years now and the apt. downstairs from us has been vacant the whole time we have been here. The people that moved in just recently do not fit in with this town t all. They are rude,crud,ugly and just had a child.This...

Neighbors [ 20 Answers ]

We have had some fun and some sad stories about our next door neighbors Would everyone like to share some of theirs with us. ** today I was getting ready for our winter weather, I got my generator out and get it started, well in about 30 min my next door neighbor got his out and started...

My new neighbors [ 2 Answers ]

My neighbors have had a street light instulled and lights up my entire front yard and half of my home.. it is very disturbing to me and the way I was used to living how can I take care of the new and very annoying problem?

View more questions Search