Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mfleck74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2014, 01:47 PM
    Double basin to single basin sink?
    Guys- I'm going from double basin sink with disposal to single basin sink with disposal. I found a diagram on here as to how to hook it up. Just looking for clarification... currently, one pipe come in and there's there's a double Y pvc connector? Middle has a cap on it and then one goes to one drain on basin and other connects to other drain on basin. Should I cut that off and re-do the thing- with the whole p-trap. The double why looks like this
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 19, 2014, 04:20 PM
    Yup! Cut the double wye off and install a single wye fitting with a clean out installed in the end of the wye fitting and then install the ptrap at the disposal and connect the ptrap to the branch of the wye fitting for best overall job!

Questions? Let me know, OK.

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two basin kitchen sink with a half flap [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, the piping under the sink is for a two basin sink with a half flap that also has a vent . The water started filling up both basins but not going down the drain. I cleaning out all the pipes but still not going down drain , the vent in line with pipes is it causing the problem do I NEED A NEW...

How to remove single valve handle - Basin Sink [ 0 Answers ]

I have taken the screw out of the side of the faucet and the screw below the Faucet. But nothing will budge. There is a ribbed part of the faucet but it will not turn. Can you help me? This is an older Delta (appx 1972) Thanks

Convert drain for single sink to a double sink [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to convert my bathroom sink drain to a double sink setup

View more questions Search