Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scaredlady111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2014, 05:13 PM
    EtG test 90 hours after last drink
    I had a celebratory weekend. Celebrating my birthday, a friends birthday, and my 5 yr wedding anniversary. I drank Friday night, Saturday all day, and Sunday all day. I just took an EtG 250 test 90 hours after my last drink on Sunday evening. I've read everywhere that it's up to 80 hours... But now I'm reading that it can test for more time than that. Is it likely that I will fail, considering I drank all weekend? I'm so scared now, and truly regretting my decision. Ahhh
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 31, 2014, 05:23 PM
    You're probably fine. Learn from this one, remember how worried you are, don't repeat the mistake, and stop worrying about it.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 31, 2014, 05:53 PM
    EtG is not very accuarte to begin with but you will likely pass the tes. Was this a scheduled test or a surprise?
    AntC Posts: 184, Reputation: 19
    -

Aug 1, 2014, 06:07 AM
    At 90 hours , you have nothing to fear.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 1, 2014, 07:17 AM
    As well it isn't the most sensitive test they have either. Chronic drinkers who binge have a chance of failing at 100hrs. It doesn't sound like you were binge drinking but drinking heavily. Chances are you will be fine, but there is enough variability in the test, yourself, and labs that it is possible that you might get a positive, but I would bet on getting a negative and passing the test.

I think the more important question that wasn't explicitly asked was the reason for the test. Was it court order? Employment driven? Probation requirement? If you have a prohibition order, why did you drink? I understand the celebrations and special events. It is a time to let lose. I am not sure whoever will receive the results will be as understanding. I just urge caution and consideration of what you could lose if you fail one of these tests, as well as the term of your prohibition order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ETG test 56 hours after drink [ 1 Answers ]

I need help to this question. I drank 4.5 drinks on Friday from 9:00 to 1:45. My BAC never reached about .08. I had an ETG test on Monday at 8:30. Do you think I would test positive?

EtG test: 81 hours after last drink [ 1 Answers ]

Hello- Please help. I was randomly drug tested Wednesday morning around 9:30am. I began drinking Saturday at around 2pm and drank until probably 2am Sunday. During the 12 hour course I would say I consumed around 3 shots and 10 beers. From the time I stopped drinking from the time I took the...

EtG test 90 hours since last drink [ 0 Answers ]

Drank 12 beers from Wednesday. Night at 1130 pm to Thursday morning 3 am have EtG test on Monday at 130 pm will I pass? Male 27 195lbs

ETG Test 1 drink 40 hours since the drink for testing [ 2 Answers ]

Dr Bill I had an ETG test Monday at 4:30pm due to a custody dispute I seldom drink but had one glass of wine Saturday at 7pm with a meal. I drink plenty of water, exercise and am healthy do you expect I will pass the test given it was only slightly over 40 hours since the drink? I had not had any...

View more questions Search