Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vijik77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2014, 09:10 AM
    Itchy scalp
    Hello,
    I am a 36 yr old female. I have itching in my scalp and hiar loss. Itches mainly where I tie my hair.. but little at the back as well. Its too itchy and bruises are also there. In the front I have thinning hair. Please advise how to stop itchin and reduce hair loss. My hair gets oily soon
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2014, 10:57 AM
    Nobody online can provide anything meaningful. You would have to be examined by a dermatologist and have them do test to determine what of numerous possibilities woud be most likely.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 3, 2014, 11:27 AM
    You may have an infectious kind of seborrhea. Do some research on those words. You may also be deficient in nutrients. What is your diet like? And have you given birth?
    Much as I don't like anti-bacterial soap, try some (hand soap) on your hair for about a month. You don't need a lot, but massage your scalp with it for several minutes while you are in the shower. Leave it in for as long as you can before rinsing. And wash your hair more often, before it gets so oily. Use a good name brand like Bath and Body Works.

If you really have bruises and not red bumps, then see a dermatologist ASAP. That makes no sense. If they are really little red bumps that ooze oil when you push down on them, that's a kind of seborrhea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gel or crème for itchy scalp for black person with hair cut almost to scalp [ 0 Answers ]

Medication for itchy scalp had been mentioned but I did not get the name of it but the cost was about 14.95. My friend it Black and has a constant itchy scalp/ she would appreciate any help. Thank you, MG

Itchy Scalp Driving me Crazy! [ 5 Answers ]

All of a sudden about 2 weeks ago my head started getting really itchy. But for me a nice bath and a nice shampoo fixes everything. However that's not the case anymore. I scrub the areas that itch the most and apply shampoo at least 2-3 times so that it soaks in but nothing is working. :confused: ...

Itchy scalp [ 7 Answers ]

I don't know if its from hard water or something else, but my scalp is so itchy it is literally driving me nuts. I sit at my desk and scratch so hard, I'm sure co-workers think I have some kind of bugs. Is there anything I can put on my scalp to relieve this? I've tried a couple of products that...

Itchy scalp [ 1 Answers ]

I moved to Florida, about 5 years ago. My scalp has become increasingly itchy... not dandruff... just real itchy. I've tried putting conditioner in overnight... but that is short term relief. I sit and scratch my scalp like I have cooties or something, its so bad... and NO I do not have any kind...

Itchy scalp [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have noticed that my scalp itches a lot, particularly when I stay late into the night. Any idea why this happens? Is this a known condition or will it lead to a new discovery? ;-D Thank you.

View more questions Search