Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Moi1998 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2014, 07:47 PM
    Pneumonia
    I live in a small town and had pneumonia for 4 months. During that time I was on 21 antibiotics and steroids. Finally after continuing to get worse I went to the closest large city and was hospitalized for 12 days, put on 2 IV antibiotics and high dose steroids. When discharged I was sent home I was given 2 more antibiotics and 10 days of steroids to taper off. I haven't quite finished the steroids. I was warned by the doctor that because of being on antibiotics for so long I have no immune system until it rebuilds itself. Over the past 4 days or so my lower rt chest is hurting to breathe again, I'm coughing up yellow green stuff, my whole body hurts, is exhausted and doesn't want to hold me up. I also have asthma which played a big part last time. My cough and breathing are gurgley especially when I try to lay down and I'm not sleeping well because of the pain. Am I getting pneumonia again?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 22, 2014, 02:24 AM
    May not have gotten over it, go back doctor.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2014, 09:54 AM
    I agree.. don't try to self diagnose... go to your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pneumonia [ 3 Answers ]

I had a chest x ray and it showed a shadow on right lung. Now doctor wants a ct scan done. I am confused as to why the need for ct and no more meds.

Diabetic with pneumonia [ 1 Answers ]

I am type 2 diabetic and had a ct scan on Wednesday which I had to be prepped for Iodine allergy and my sugar went up to 519 after I went home so I went back to emergency and they kept me... did a chest X-ray to find I had the beginning of pneumonia. They gave me IV antibiotics and insulin and sent...

Do I have Bronchitis or Pneumonia? [ 4 Answers ]

For almost 3 week I've had a persistent cough followed with mucous. It started clear but within the past week it has turned green. Now in the past few days I can't walk very far without getting out of breath, coughing and wheezing. I hear rattling in my chest when I walk and when I'm at rest. I've...

Pneumonia [ 0 Answers ]

I had a kidney infection 6 weeks ago, 2 weeks later strep, 2 weeks later pneumonia. They gave me steroids and zithromax which I finished today. I'm still have sharp pains on the left side of my back. Last time I went to ER the PA said the meds were working and there was nothing else they could do....

Please help, I have pneumonia [ 3 Answers ]

I went to a walk in clinic and it showed I had pneumonia. I had a resting heartrate of 150, I'm 22. And a temp of 103.1. The doc gave me a 10 day antibio srip, and told me to go home and rest, and take my med. She said in 10 days when Im reevaluated, if I still have it then I have to be admitted. ...

View more questions Search