Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    illinois1 Posts: 92, Reputation: 2

Apr 24, 2014, 08:21 AM
    Water damage to sub floor by tub
    I have the tile up in the bathroom and there was water damage by the corner of the tub and I don't know if I need to pull out the tub? I have some pictures and was able to get underneath the floor as well.Name:  crawlspace 001.jpg
Views: 1092
Size:  53.8 KBAttachment 45956
    Attached Images

ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2014, 05:55 PM
    Unless the floor is bad, just lay a new piece of wood, pressure treat into the wall cavity and put the drywall back. You will have durock or similar on the floor before tiling?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tub is not level so water drips out on the floor while taking shower [ 2 Answers ]

Walls show plaster damage from water running down the wall right outside the tub while taking a shower

Manufactured home water damage under kitchen sink/floor, repair w/o removing cabinets [ 0 Answers ]

Late model mfg, home with water damage under sink and 3'X 4' outer floor. Ceramic tile trim on counter top and back splash. To avoid replacing ceramic tile and cabinets, ccould the repair be done in pieces under sink and 3 X 4 outer floor?

Plumbing issue-water on basement floor with possible ceiling damage [ 1 Answers ]

I don't frequent this particular area of my basement much and I just found water on the basement floor near the down spout (?) for the toilet in the 1st floor bathroom. It is also close to the bathtub. There is no indication of a leak in the bathroom. Upon closer look, my white stucco (basement)...

Water splashes out of basement floor drain after upstairs tub is drained [ 1 Answers ]

When the bathtub upstairs is drained we get water splashing out of the floor drain in the basement. It seems to be specific to the tub - not sure if it is because of the amount of water draining at once, or some other reason, but we don't have any problems with the toilets, dishwasher or washing...

Water splashes out of basement floor drain after upstairs tub is drained [ 2 Answers ]

When the bathtub upstairs is drained we get water splashing out of the floor drain in the basement. It seems to be specific to the tub - not sure if it is because of the amount of water draining at once, or some other reason, but we don't have any problems with the toilets, dishwasher or washing...

View more questions Search