Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonydwilkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2014, 12:51 PM
    Only fan works, no lights when using the remote
    I have a Hampton Bay Midili 44" Ceiling Fan with Remote Control, It was kept in a box for a couple of years between moves. I went to install it as I did in my first home, hooked up all wires correctly, checked the battery & light bulbs, etc. However, only the fan comes on in its 3 stages of speed. The light only came on the first try, but stopped coming on after that. I'm afraid that the part in the receiver that commands the lights on has gone bad (the remote works fine). Is there something I can try before resorting to having to buy another receiver so I can use the lights as well?

Check out some similar questions!

My hampton bay remote works only for the fan and not the lights? [ 1 Answers ]

My question is how to fix the problem with a remote - The Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote works for the fan perfectly but recently stopped working for the light fixture - will not turn on or off the lights? Do we need a new remote?

Ceiling fan remote works on fan, but not lights [ 1 Answers ]

My Hampton Ceiling fan remote has stopped working correctly. I first changed the battery, thinking that it was not powerful enough to transmit the signal correctly. Didn't change it. The lights are on when the switch on the wall is on, but I can't turn them off with the remote. I tried checking...

Remote control on ceiling fan works for lights but doesn't work on fan on/off, speed [ 3 Answers ]

Just installed a hampton bay ceiling fan with remote control.. the remote control works on the lights to turn them on and off but will not turn on/off fan or contol speed. What's wrong.

Harbor Breeze remote works lights but not the fan. [ 1 Answers ]

The remote works the lights but not the fan. The pull chains are attached. There is a red ceiling wire that is capped otherwise all wiring is what to what, blk to blk, grn to gnd, blue to blk. What is the problem?

Tip: Hampton Bay Remote Fan - Fan works by remote, lights do not. [ 10 Answers ]

I figured this may help somebody here. I have a Hampton Bay remote controlled ceiling fan... the kind without pull chains... and the remote will only operate the fan portion but not the light. The light is always on. Not a big deal, as the light switch on the wall could be used to turn the light...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.