Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adaliebrown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2013, 07:06 PM
    My managers are dating each other... is this wrong?
    For the last nine months, I have been working at a small pizza business. I have been the senior crew member for a few months now. My manager hired my asst manager's girlfriend three months ago. Since then, she has become an asst manager as well.
    Not to be bitter, but why would she get the position when she still has to ask me how to do simple tasks?
    I already know that my general manager and the family of (both) my asst managers frequently spend time together outside of work... and I'm feeling the favoritism.
    Does this seem wrong to anyone else?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2013, 08:13 PM
    What's wrong or not is determined by company policy.

Some have no restrictions... others prohibit dating or marrying coworkers. Many larger corparations or chain stors tend to have those but a privately owned business....less likely to have such a rule.

Since this isn't posted in a law forum....my opinion is its a really bad idea to allow it at all. I've personally seen too many major problems that happen....usually when the relationship goes bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a teacher dating an ex-student - is this wrong? [ 19 Answers ]

A little background information before you judge me: I met my current boyfriend when I was 23 and he was 16, it was my first teaching job and he was in my GCSE group. At the time I saw this boy as what he was - a boy, yes a good looking boy who would be dashing when he was older, but far too...

Is dating a married man wrong even if he's not happy with her? [ 15 Answers ]

I've been dealing with a married man for a while and he says that he isn't happy. They don't have any kids together, but been together 12 years. Most of his time is spent with me when he's not at work. I really love this man and I know he loves me too. I'm I wrong for this, please help.

What is wrong with me? I keep dating married men. [ 13 Answers ]

It is happening again! Here is a story. I used to date a married guy for 3 years. I developed strong emotions for him, but in the end we broke up. He was not ready to leave his wife. Yeah. After the break up I would not date guys for 2 years. Just could not. Something inside me broke. Well, now...

What's wrong with dating at 12? [ 9 Answers ]

How can I explain this... I'm 12. Which, to some people, is tiny. Well, it's not. I have a "official" boyfriend. Who's truly fantastic. I love him. Simple. But why don't my parents just understand that I'm growing up? What they try to do is get my to talk about it. All they know is that there's...

Is dating a girl wrong? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I have always been the crazy type to try everything at least once I have been with girls before but nothing serious. I currently have two kids and have been in bad relationships nothing abusive but just not happy ones. Lately I have really been thinking about this girl I know or just...

View more questions Search