Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miseryluvsco Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2013, 07:12 AM
    Help! Suboxone false positive... TWICE!
    I took a drug test for probation (udt) and tested positive for Suboxone. I requested that it be sent off for more testing because I knew I hadn't taken any suboxone and I wasn't too worried about it. I got a call yesterday telling me it came back positive as well and now I'm flipping out! I am a chronic pain patient and have been taking ms contin & oxycodone for several yrs but have never in my life taken suboxone! I've tested compliant every month for SIX YEARS! Does anyone have any idea how this could've happened and how I can prove the test is WRONG?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2013, 12:09 PM
    My very basic understanding is that suboxone makes the use of any other narcotic ineffective. If my understanding is correct, it would defy logic for someone with chronic pain to take suboxone and probably not get pain relief. They might assume though that you didn't know that. But overruling a scientific analysis with logic might be a little tough. Talk to your lawyer.
    miseryluvsco Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2013, 12:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smearcase View Post
    My very basic understanding is that suboxone makes the use of any other narcotic ineffective. If my understanding is correct, it would defy logic for someone with chronic pain to take suboxone and probably not get pain relief. They might assume though that you didn't know that. But overruling a scientific analysis with logic might be a little tough. Talk to your lawyer.
    Your basic understanding is correct. It would cancel out my pain meds and after 6 yrs of being on these meds I can't imagine that would be a pleasant experience. I just can't wrap my head around how a positive test is even possible. I had my Dr do a drug screen as quickly as I could but it was 2 days later and that test came back negative.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

False positive [ 4 Answers ]

I have leg injuries I take motrin & naproxen can I get a false positive from that

False positive? [ 1 Answers ]

Can you get a false positive on a home pregnancy test?

I had a FALSE positive UA-they retested it.. it came back POSITIVE AGAIN! [ 2 Answers ]

A few weeks back I had a UA for alochol(they do EtG tests) and my couselor told me I failed it. I am 300% certain no alcohol has been in my system for months. I told her I did not have ANYTHING to drink and told her to resend it back to the lab. Well, it came back today and it was POSITIVE again...

False positive? [ 1 Answers ]

I took a pregnancy test the day before my expected period and it was positive but since then I haven't been able to get a positive result. I don't know what is going on I have been feeling nauseated and my lower back hurts a lot. Could I be pregnant or was it a false positive?

View more questions Search