Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myrasantos08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2013, 06:54 AM
    Prickly heat
    How to treat prickly heat on toddlers quickly?
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

May 1, 2013, 03:54 PM
    Get the child in a shaded area and remove some of their clothing. Apply cool rags to the areas affected by the rash (I assume by prickly heat you mean heat rash), when you remove the rags don't rub them dry, let them air dry. Calamine lotion can be used but avoid any other anti itch creams as they can make it worse. As far as the visible sign of the rash it can't really be treated, but the symptoms can be dealt with to make your child more comfortable.

If the rash gets worse or your child seems to be in pain or severely itchy you probably need to see the doctor.

Oh also because it can get itchy, you might want to cut their fingernails so they don't dig into themselves and make it worse while scratching.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rash on palms, usually in winter, looks like prickly heat [ 0 Answers ]

I have this rash on my palms that looks like prickly heat. They're tiny, red dots all over my palms and a little between my fingers (not very visible, just like small translucent red dots just beneath the skin). They itch a lot and it burns if I scratch. There's slight relief if I put ice on them...

Rash on palms, usually in winter, looks like prickly heat [ 0 Answers ]

I have this rash on my palms that looks like prickly heat. They're tiny, red dots all over my palms and a little between my fingers (not very visible, just like small translucent red dots just beneath the skin). They itch a lot and it burns if I scratch. There's slight relief if I put ice on them...

How extract iol from prickly pear [ 2 Answers ]

I need to now all the prosses about how extract iol from prickly pear frout end if you can provid me with video showing me that thenc you

Heat Pump blows 5amp fuse when switching between defrost & back to heat. Them Heat work [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Heat Pump System. It’s about 5 years old and has functioned OK until this Christmas Eve. One problem is the condensing unit is not kicking back on after it goes into defrost mode. I found a 5AMP fuse blown in the attic unit and once replaced it functioned. At least for a day or two...

Is this Prickly Ash? [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to figure out if I have Prickly Ash growing everywhere in my yard. I have my doubts that it is, but my husband says so. They are very thin red stems with tons of spiny thorns all up and doen them. They just started blooming white flowers. I have a serious infestation and need to get...

View more questions Search