Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fullhousemom7 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2013, 09:09 PM
    Wood Furniture
    I have an antique mirror and am trying to find something out about it. The only things I know are that it is solid wood and the label on the back is pretty much faded but you can see a crown and the quote " The Worlds largest manufacturer of wood furniture" Can you help me?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2013, 09:22 PM
    A photo of the mirror would be helpful.

Jan 18, 2013, 09:33 PM
    Ok I am new here so let me figure out how to add a photo

Jan 18, 2013, 09:37 PM
    Ok got it. I think
    Attached Images

Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 18, 2013, 09:47 PM
    Well, I found this site that names the top ten furniture makers --

Name Brand Home Furniture from Top Manufacturers at Furniture Geek

I just finished a novel called The Mirror by Marlys Millhiser. A young woman looked into an antique mirror during a thunderstorm to see her reflection and time-traveled back years earlier to become her own grandmother, so be careful!
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2013, 10:11 PM
    It looks like it has a serial number and a plywood backing, so it looks factory made. The mirror itself looks pretty newish - not discolored and the reflective backing hasn't peeled off or deteriorated, so it's probably not particularly old. The early part of last century, dresser mirrors tended to be a lot more detailed and ornate and I'm guessing it's from later - maybe 50's or later. It's not ornate or unusual, and it doesn't appear to be an exotic wood. I doubt it's valuable. The wood pieces on the back make me think that it came as part of a dresser. I'm not a furniture expert but restore furniture as a hobby and am familiar with it - just my opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Burned wood furniture [ 4 Answers ]

I have a wood unit that I had a candle on top of the candle burned to the bottom and the heat from the glass of the container made a burn on the wood. Can I fix this? Or at least able to make the damage less intense? Attached is a picture. Help please!

Cleaning wood furniture [ 2 Answers ]

I am a janitor at a local business downtown that has several large business type desks. The wood is a light yellow/blonde & it is shiny. Except there are smudges & fingerprints that absolutely will not come off. I have used lemon pledge, vinegar, alcohol, car wax, car buffers, over the counter...

Wood furniture stain [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I just moved to our new house. The previous owner of the house has a some outdoor furnitures left so we decided to keep them since they still look good. But one round wooden table which they said they bought from an online store has a big stain on it. The stain is bit big and it...

New wood furniture smell [ 3 Answers ]

How can I keep my clothes from smelling like my new dresser drawers?

Getting tape glue off wood furniture [ 3 Answers ]

The movers put packing tape on my wood furniture. The backing(glue) remaind on my furniture when I removed the tape. How do I remove it without destroying my furniture? Thank you so much. Kathy

View more questions Search