Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mervet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2012, 05:46 PM
    Maher Drapery Inc. specializes in making custom draperies for both commercial and res
    Maher Drapery Inc. specializes in making custom draperies for both commercial and residential customers. It began business on August 1, 2004, by acquiring $40,000 cash through issuing common stock. In August 2004, Maher accepted drapery orders, Jobs 801 and 802, for two new commercial buildings. The company paid cash for the following costs related to the orders:
    Job 801
    Raw materials $ 7,360
    Direct labor (512 hours at $20 per hour) 10,240
    Job 802
    Raw materials 5,200
    Direct labor (340 hours at $20 per hour) 6,800
    During the same month, Maher paid $14,400 for various indirect costs such as utilities, equipment leases, and factory-related insurance. The company estimated its annual manufacturing overhead cost would be $240,000 and expected to use 20,000 direct labor hours in its first year of operation. It planned to allocate overhead based on direct labor hours. On August 31, 2004, Maher completed Job 801 and collected the contract price of $28,000. Job 802 was still in process. Maher uses a just-in-time inventory management system. Consequently, it has no raw materials inventory. Raw materials purchases are recorded directly in the Work in Process Inventory account.
    Required
    a. Use a horizontal financial statements model as follows to record Maher’s accounting events for August 2004. The first event is shown as an example.
    Assets = Equity
    Cash + Manuf Overhead + W I P + F G = com stk + Ret Earn Rev – Exp = Net Incom
    40,000+ NA + NA + NA = 40,000 + NA NA – NA = NA
    b. What was Maher’s ending inventory on August 31, 2004? Is this amount the actual or the estimated inventory cost?
    c. When is it appropriate to use estimated inventory cost on a year-end balance sheet?

Check out some similar questions!

BYP1-1 Mismatch Manufacturing Company specializes in producing fashion outfits. [ 1 Answers ]

BYP1-1 Mismatch Manufacturing Company specializes in producing fashion outfits. On July 31, 2011, a tornado touched down at its factory and general office. The Inventories in the warehouse and the factory were completely destroyed as was the General office nearby. Next morning, through a careful...

NY Res and NJ Non-Res Taxes [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I live in NYC and worked in NYC. My employer was based in NJ and accidentally took out NJ taxes for my first one or two paychecks. After that they started taking out NY state taxes, but failed to take out NY local taxes. Bottom line, what do I need to do? I think I need to file a NJ...

Res. / Non-res ? [ 2 Answers ]

Please help... I was on my OPT from Nov. 2004 to Nov. 2005. Started working from June 2005 My H1B started on Oct. 2005 Am I a Resident or Non-resident for tax purposes?? Would be really glad to know,. thank you!

F-1 in 6th year: res. Or non-res? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Atlanta Tax Expert, You have done a wonderful job advising people -- and in particular foreign students and professionals -- on their taxes. I hope my question is not repetitive since I value your time (I have read through all the relevant threads and the specific question does not seem to...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.