Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Texas RED HOT Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2012, 06:25 PM
    I have a troybilt rider. That keeps blowing the fuse .
    I have replaced the solenoid,the switch.checked the wires none burned are
    Broken.that I can see. Charged the battery.disconected the starter hot wire
    It still blows the fuse. When you turn the key. Disconected the wires under the
    Flywheel it still won't start are even click just blows the fuse
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Nov 15, 2012, 04:55 PM
    Hi,
    You have a short to ground somewhere in the fuse circuit. Provide the model number and I can probably, but not always, get you the wiring schematic and maybe give a clue.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Texas RED HOT Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2012, 06:36 AM
    Hi Crigby
    Yes your right that's what the problem is. And was, I took the top off the mower giving me access to the harness and I found many wires burned and melted together.And several large worn (no insulation left) Bare wires were they were mashed and rubbing on the frame .I could not tape up all the bad wires.So I replaced the whole harness.And problem solved THANKS For your response
    Texas Red Hot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have an older craftsman rider model #917254661 I blew a fuse [ 6 Answers ]

I blew a fuse in my rider mower model 917254661,when I went to install new fuse it blew right away the key is in the off position scratching my head here

Why does my murray rider blow fuse when hooked to bat? [ 1 Answers ]

when I hook up the battery to the positve side. The fuse on the red wire from the cylionoid to the switch keeps blowing. Can you tell me why? It's a murray riding mower 38608X92C

I have a troybilt pony rider, it runs about 5 minutes and dies. [ 0 Answers ]

I have to jump it to get it started, I have a new battery, changed the oil, new plug, new air filter, new solenoid, when I get it started sometimes it smokes real bad, this junker is only 5 years old and never sees bad weather its always cleaned and put in a shed when not in use

Craftsman rider instantly blows fuse [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman Rider Model 917.252451 As I connect the battery it blows the fuse, every time. I figured I would start disconnecting things to narrow down the problem. When I disconnect the "Engine Harness" (as its referred to in the electrical diagram) then I can actually connect the battery...

E fuse in Carrier gas furnace keeps blowing. Should a different fuse be used? [ 1 Answers ]

E fuse in Carrier gas furnace, model 58MCB, keeps blowing. Should a different fuse be used, or is the problem likely in a component.

View more questions Search