Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PeterHD13 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 04:13 AM
    1990m FLTCU radio/cassette Caddy removal
    I've got a Harley-Davidson FLTCU 1990. I want to know the procedure for removing the radio/cassette and caddy from the frame mounted fairing. Also the size the nut on the central bolt which is accessed by the cut way after removing the Windshield. The procedure isn't identified in my old or brand new Clymer manuals and I complained to the publisher who said they used and FLH not an FLT as reference to write the manual big help!

My main concern is that central bolt and nut, as I can see the other two bolts either side of the fairing when I remove the Headlight. But don't know if the bolt heads are fixed or will turn if I loosen them.

I reckon the central nut needs a bent spanner but I don't know the nuts size and I can't get my hand inside the cutaway to prevent it dropping inside the caddy assembly. The Bolt head is accessed on top of the caddy. I thought the nut would be a captive nut but it turned when I went to remove it. I want to repair/replace the radio /cassette.

Check out some similar questions!

Have a Jap car that only has mini cassette player where can I get a cassette adapter [ 2 Answers ]

All the cassette adapters are for normal audio cassettes not minutes cassettes does anyone know if you can get them?

I need the code for my car radio cassette rds4000 the serial number is m031089 [ 1 Answers ]

I need the code for my rds4000 car radio cassette the serial number is m031089

Sony CFD-V8 Radio Cassette Recorder [ 1 Answers ]

The CD player is playing when it's turned upside down but there is no pickup standing in the right position. Has this anything to do with the laser pickup alignment? Can that be fixed or do I have to buy a new laser component?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.